Tug of War
by PamFord Davis

I was never much help to teammates when playing games of tug-of-war. Winning the battle requires concentration, determination and strength. I ace concentration. I do not have a driving competitive spirit and had only minimal muscle strength. In spiritual tug-of-war battles, I must keep on high alert. Satan is always pulling at invisible ropes in attempts to divert my concentration on Christ.

"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you (James 4:7 KJV)."

Inwardly, battles rage. "From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members (James 4:1 KJV)?"

Apostle Paul confessed his struggles within. (Romans 7:7-25) He found only one way to victory. "I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin. There is therefore no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit (Romans 7:25-8:1 KJV)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print