THE APOSTOLIC MOVE OF GOD Part 1
by Segun Olumide

SECTION 1

INTRODUCTION

The message contained in this article was first published in 2007, and has been a blessing to saints in different places.
Ever since its release, we have received encouraging reports from people in different states in Nigeria.
I have tried here, however, to revise the contents of the message a little bit by adding and subtracting a few words.
Now here is the message:

RESTORATIONAL MOVES OF GOD

This message is geared towards stirring up and enabling God's people to position themselves and pray God's purpose into reality not only in Nigeria but also the world over (1Tim 1: 18, Dan 9:2-3).

The previous century witnessed five major restorational movements in the church world.
In 1906, the Pentecostal Movement began in Azusa Street, Los Angeles, USA. It restored Holy Spirit baptism with speaking in tongues to the Church. It lasted many years.
About 1928, the Spiritual Gift Movement (I believe) began. Its focus was the nine gifts of the Spirit. Howard Carter, Smith Wigglesworth and Donald Gee were three of the people greatly used in this movement.
By 1947, The Divine Healing Movement started and it lasted till 1958. Prominent in that movement were T.L. Osborn, Kathryn Kulhman, Kenneth Hagin, Oral Roberts and so on. The emphasis then was on the ministry of an evangelist.
The Charismatic Movement, which restored the ministries of pastors and the Word of Faith Movement, which restored teachers, began around 1968.
The Prophetic Movement commenced in 1988. The prophetic ministry became the highlight at this time. The like of Bill Hamon, Paul Cain, Rick Joyner, Tunde Bakare among others moved to the scene and gave credibility as well as relevant significance to the ministry of a prophet.
Careful observation has revealed that between each of these past successive movements was a period of conservatively 20 years. By analogy or extrapolation, the next movement (which is the Apostolic Movement as revealed by the Spirit to God's apostles and prophets) will hit the planet earth before 2010, every other thing being equal.
This move of God is a global phenomenon nevertheless the place of Nigeria in it can't be over-emphasized.

PROPHECIES ON GOD'S APOSTOLIC MOVE IN NIGERIA

God is saying, "I am the Lord; . New things I declare; before they spring into being I announce them to you'' (Isaiah 42: 8-9, NIV).
Peter Christensen of the Storm-Harvest Ministries, on August 19th, 2002 released this prophecy:
"Nigeria is going to experience a MOVE OF GOD that will be APOSTOLIC in nature. It will be far-reaching into many other nations.
"I foresee Nigeria as becoming a catalyst to the release of mighty ministries that will demonstrate evangelism like Philip out of the Bible.
"There will be battles going on in the days ahead as the enemy tries to abort what the Lord is doing. Much prayer is needed for Nigeria.''

About two months later, (in October 2002) faraway in Guatemala, South America, Cindy Jacob, a renowned prophetess gave this prophecy in a meeting attended by non-Nigerians:
'The Lord says to Nigeria, "I have given you a missionary spirit. I am surely going to change the nations of the earth through you. But now I will give you the anointing to change all nations
"There is going to be a revival in the universities and this revival is going to be such of a large magnitude that the revival in the universities will affect the secondary schools and it will affect the primary schools.
"And I am going to change Nigeria to the next Generation,'' says God.
"...I am going to use Nigeria to heal the rest of Africa because what happens in Nigeria will affect the whole continent.
'The Lord says, "I am going to use the Nigerians in Russia. THERE WOULD BE MANY CHURCHES PLANTED IN RUSSIA.
'The Lord says, "I am going to use your nation. I am going to use you in the Middle East. I am getting ready to change many things ...'

Also I remember reading a booklet titled :'Nigeria Prays' in which I saw what Reinhard Bonnke said under inspiration while ministering in Benny Hinn's Church building: "Watch out for the country called Nigeria. It will teach America Christianity.''

WHAT TO EXPECT IN THIS APOSTOLIC MOVE

Having the right and accurate expectations determines one's degree of effectiveness in any move of God.
Andrew Murray was said to have laboured in prayers for several years for revival, but sad to explain, he didn't accept it when it came because it arrived in a fashion contrary to his expectation!
However, the church should prayerfully expect God to do the following through this move:

1. FURTHER RESTORATION OF THE FIVE-FOLD MINISTRY

"It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teaches'' (Eph 4:11, NIV).

During the Dark Ages, the five-fold ministry was virtually lost in the church. For the past few decades, however, God has restored this to the church world to some extent.
In actuality, it can't be fully restored and accurately re-defined until the apostles are restored via this apostolic move.
People who are called and anointed to stand in the offices of apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers will yet walk in unprecedented authority, deeper understanding (of their offices) and stronger anointing, of course, with unparalleled results.
The church was started on the foundation of apostles and prophets. It will also be completed with the finishing touches of such ministries (Ephesians 2:20, Luke 11:49, Ephesians 3:5, 2Peter 3:2, Matthew 16:18-19, Rev 18:20).

2. MATURITY AND RELEASING GOD'S PEOPLE FOR THE WORK OF THE MINISTRY SO THAT THE BODY MAY BE BUILT UP AND THE HEADSHIP OF CHRIST RECOGNIZED

The five-fold ministry is given "TO PREPARE GOD'S PEOPLE FOR WORKS OF SERVICE (MINISTRY) SO THAT THE BODY OF CHRIST MAY BE BUILT UP
ATTAINING TO THE WHOLE MEASURE OF THE FULLNESS OF CHRIST
WE WILL IN ALL THINGS GROW INTO HIM WHO IS HEAD, THAT IS, CHRIST" (Eph 4:11-13, 15, NIV).
We're entering a season when Christ will be recognized and honored properly as the Head of the Church. All ministers and people trying to take Christ's place will be relegated to the background.
The days are coming when God's people will be groomed and released to their respective work of the ministry, and hence the body of Christ will be built up as each member does its work (Ephesians 4:16)!
Then the world will not clamor 'What a great man/woman of God!' but 'What a great church!'
For you see, ordinary boys, girls, men and women will know their God and do exploits (Dan 11:32).
O yes, they shall do great works, even greater works (John14:12)! And the glory of the latter house shall be greater than that of the former (Haggai 2:9)!

3. PROPER STRUCTURE AND ORDER IN THE CHURCH

Prophets are like architects who have the plan of the building while apostles are the builders who execute the plan and turn it into a real building (Exodus 25:8, 1Chro 28:11-12, 19, 1Cor 3:10).
The apostles and the prophets in this move will work together with other ministers and saints to establish God's structure (ideal way of organizing things) and order (proper sequence of things) in the church. This will enable us to walk in the FULLNESS OF HIS PRESENCE, POWER AND PURPOSE.
As God's structure and order are re-established in the hierarchy of the authority, various kinds of scriptural meetings and the work of the ministry so God's Spirit and God's people will find and fill in their respective places in the scheme of things in the church world without unnecessary delay or hindrance (Rev 22:17,1Cor14:40, 1 Chr 15:13).
Every true member of a denominational church should be properly positioned through the help of good leadership.
Meetings in the temple and from house to house will solve a lot of problems here. Such will enable us to be useful and fruitful as we use our God given gifts and talents within or outside our denominations (1 Peter 4:10).
Without all these, God's people will become square pegs in round holes, competing with one another in an unhealthy manner, struggling endlessly to fulfill a ministry God never gives them! (Please read Numbers 1:48-54; 2:1-34).

4. GREAT SIGNS, WONDERS AND MIRACLES

"The things that mark an apostle − signs, wonders and miracles were done among you with great perseverance" (2Cor 12: 12, NIV).
Many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the early apostles (Acts2:43; 5:12). Through this imminent move of God far more signs, wonders and miracles will be witnessed as God displays His unlimited power in a manner never known or seen before.
These things will occur as God people speak the word of God (Acts 19:20, Ps107:20), pray in the name of Jesus (Philippians 2:9, Mark 16:17) and flow in the gifts of the Spirit (Heb 2:4).

5. GREAT HARVEST OF SOULS

Jesus said to the eleven apostles, "Therefore go and MAKE DISCILPES OF ALL NATIONS, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit and TEACHING them to OBEY EVREYTHING I have commanded you''(Mathew 28:19-20).
God will raise and send more missionaries, apostles, prophets and so on to different nations and tribes the world over.
Mass evangelism will gain more impetus and person-to-person outreach will have boom times.
A huge influx of souls that will break all records shall come into the kingdom of God.
The major emphasis will drastically shift from merely getting converts to making DISCIPLES of all nations.
Terrific signs, wonders and miracles will increasingly arrest the attention of people's hearts so that God's word can penetrate and change them!

6. SAINTS MINISTERING UNTO SAINTS

The heartbeat of the apostolic includes ministering to the necessity of the saints − spirit, soul and body.
Paul took the pains to collect offerings from church to church in order to relieve the poor saints.
The days are here when we will talk more about people-oriented projects but less about the property-oriented projects (Ro 15:25, 26; 1Cor16:1-4; 2Cor 9:1, 2).
We shall realize deeply that whatever we do to the saints is done to Christ (Matthew 25:34-45, Acts 4:32-37).
We will increasingly love one another as Christ loved us and lay down our lives for one another. Nevertheless the love of many shall grow cold!
Also fellowship meetings (or believers' meetings) through which God's people sharpen or edify one another by sharing whatever God puts in their spirits for the moment will soon become a great emphasis among us (1Cor 14:26,1 John 1:3, 6-7).
It is to be regretted that we have mistaken prayer or teaching meeting for fellowship
(see Acts 2:42). Re-defining fellowship will transform our house fellowship /home cell group system, which is a crucial tool for world evangelization.
God expects us to have different types of meetings (prayer, teaching, fellowship, praise, healing, evangelistic, prophetic, and so on) in the temple and from house to house, but on purpose (Acts 2:46-47, Acts 20:20).

7. TRUE WORSHIP OF THE TRUE GOD

"Yet a time is coming and has come when the true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshippers the Father seeks. God is spirit and his worshippers must worship in spirit and in truth (John 4:23-24, NIV).
"For a long time Israel was without the TRUE GOD" (2Chro 15:3, NIV).
True worship of the true God is the very essence of all God is doing on earth today for that was the main reason He created us (Revelation 4:8-11).
It is an expression of a liberated human spirit. It is giving our best to God, spirit, soul and body (1Cor 6:19-20, Ro 12:1-2). It proceeds from a heart of love, and it is conveyed through our mental responses and bodily utterances and actions.
It is to be regretted that we have, sometimes, limited it to praising God. It transcends that. It starts with our bodily consecration (Ro 12:1-2). It is built up through songs of praise, prayers of thanksgiving, music, dance, money, materials and so on to God as the Supreme Object of our worship!
On the other hand, false worship may involve apparently honoring God with our substances and words but with our hearts far away from Him (Mat 15:7-9) or worshipping an unknown or false God ( Acts 17:22-23).
We can't truly worship the true God and mammon at the same time (Matt 6:24). One great hindrance to true worship is hero worship, which is, idolizing leaders.
God will visit those try to take worship away from HIM He will consume them unless they repent. Remember He will not share His glory with anyone (Isaiah 42: 8).
Only those who truly know the true God can give Him true worship. Do you know the true God intimately enough or you just know a few things about him?



SECTION 2


FULFILLING YOUR PART IN GOD'S APOSTOLIC MOVE


EVERY BELIEVER HAS A PART TO PLAY

"But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.
This is why it says "When he ascended on high, he led captives in his train and gave gifts to men to PREPARE GOD'S PEOPLE FOR WORKS OF SERVICE..." (Eph 4:7, KJV, 8, 12, NIV).
The body of Christ has many members with different functions. No part is useless or unneeded. Is any part of your own human body of no use to you?
There is no inferior or superior member in the body of Christ. What distinguishes us is our different measures of grace, different functions, different positions in the same Body (please read Rom 12: 3-6, 1Cor 12: 12-31).
The above scripture in the book of Ephesians reveal that God's original purpose is to prepare His people for their work of ministry. But, sad to relate, many saints are rather imprisoned away from what God has called them to do.
They are locked up and oppressed in many so-called denominations, which are nothing but houses of bondage.
Some of such Pentecostal prisons will witness a great change and become training grounds for God's end-time army.
Some others, however, will resist God's move and pale into insignificance (see Rev 2: 5, 16).
It isn't mere coincidence that on the first of January 2007, one of the leading prophets in the nation who has an international ministry prophesied saying, 'The Lord .said to me: "I will restore in My church the unfettered ministry of My saints. I will anoint and empower ordinary people to do extra-ordinary work." '

HOW TO FIND YOUR PART

"...No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him but God has revealed it to us by His Spirit. The Spirit searches all things even deep things of God.
In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God that we may understand what God has freely given us'' (1Cor 2:9-12).

SEEK THE LORD

If you and I will only seek the Lord whole-heartedly when He may be found, then shall we find Him (see Jeremiah 29:13, Pro1:28, Is 55:6).
God spoke through Jeremiah, "Call unto me and I will answer thee and show thee great and mighty things which thou knowest not" (Jer 33:3).
You may need to spend hours, days, weeks, or even months in God's presence praying with the spirit and the mind as well as meditating on His word to find out your part accurately.

DON'T MISS A TRANSITION

The word 'transition' means 'a change.' In other words, it involves a change of positions, of emphases, of responsibilities, and so on.
By 1958, the healing movement which began about 11 years earlier, had waned. In actuality, God expected his servants and saints to seek Him and make a transition into the next move.
But sad to say, only a handful of them made that transition. Among those who missed it was William Branham, a prophet. He probably saw the next move of God through his prophetic gift (according to his biographer) nevertheless he did not seek God patiently enough to know precisely his new role.
Neither did he make the necessary changes expected of his ministry; rather he assumed a wrong role which God never assigned him.
Before long, he 'lost' God's anointing, went into heresies and leapt into the limbo of irrelevant men. He died prematurely as an unhappy man!

A TRANSITION IS COMING TO NIGERIA
Robert Liardon, one of the prophetic leading lights in this generation visited this nation in February 1992 on the platform of Morris Cerullo World Congress of Evangelism and gave this prophecy:
' "I am bringing a NEW OPERATION into this continent. I am raising gifts that have been silent for many years and placing them n the right position" says the Spirit of God.
"I am bringing besides those I have positioned to assist and to help and to bless for THERE IS A GREAT WORK AHEAD FOR THIS LAND SHALL BE KNOWN AGAIN AS A PLACE OF GREAT CHURCHES as once was in the past.
"Great ministries shall be born but this time" says the Spirit of God "shall not be one or two or three or four but there will be many across this land. So prepare your heart in that way for there is coming A CHANGE in the land in this time" says the Spirit of God.
CHANGES! CHANGES!! CHANGES!!! in the spirit of climate of nations. CHANGES in the hearts of the people in this place.
"For I have brought you together and positioned you to hear: for there is something to hear and rejoice overso open your eyes and listen well, for the word of the time shall come to you in this day and the word of the season shall be revealed to your understanding.
"For there is A CHANGE in earth and heaven. My hand and My voice have caused it to begin and those that are hidden and hear well have begun to hear. CHANGE from heaven. Yea, CHANGE from heaven has come.
"Others have rejoiced but know it well, it will come. Others have also said, 'No, I don't want it. I don't like it.' But know it well; it will come as I have said. It will do as I have purposed it to do and no man or spirit shall hinder My plans," says the Spirit of God.'

PLAYING YOUR PART

At the wedding in Cana of Galilee, Jesus' mother told the servants, "Do whatever he (Jesus) tells you" (John 2:5).
We must be able to say, "Here I am it is written about me in the scroll I have come to do YOUR WILL O GOD" (Heb 10:7).

HUMBLY ACCEPT AND PLAY YOUR PART, BE IT LEADING OR SUPPORTING:

POSITION YOURSELF FOR THE FLOW

Paul wrote: "Our goal is to stay within the boundaries of God's plan for us "(2Cor 10:13, NIV).
Solomon also wrote: "As a bird that wandereth from her nest, so is a man that wandereth for HIS PLACE" (Pro 27:8, KJV).

WATCH AND ENTER THE FLOW AS LED BY GOD

"And of the children of Issacher, which were men that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do (1 Chr 12:32, KJV)
"And let us run with patience the PARTICULAR race that God has set before us (Heb 12:1, TLB)

NEITHER MEASURE YOURSELF BY NOR COMPARE YOURSELF WITH OTHERS

Some have leading roles to play while others have supporting roles to play. Whichever way, all our parts are significant and relevant.
Don't try to fulfill another person destiny at the expense of yours. You will only give an account of yours, not of another's!
The day of reckoning is coming (see Rom 14:12). God won't reward you for playing a role he didn't assign you.

YOU MUST FULLY OBEY GOD OTHERWISE:

YOU SIN

The Greek word translated "sin" means 'to miss the mark.' If God has called you to Nineveh but you head for Tarshish, then you sin.
An evangelist answering the call of a pastor or prophet sins (see James 4:17).

YOU GIVE A PLACE TO SATAN

When Adam and Eve, like Saul, did not obey God, they opened the door of their lives to Satan to torment and frustrate them.
When you sin or miss the mark, you give a place to Satan (Eph 4:27).

YOU DISAPPOINT THE DESTINIES ATTACHED TO YOU

The disobedience of a member of the Body of Christ affects other members of the same Body. Such adverse effects tell mostly on the 'immediate' or 'nearer' co-members of His Body.
Some sinners may go to hell if you refuse to obey God by playing your part (1Cor 12:24, Is 60:1-4).

GOD WILL REPLACE YOU

When Moses and Aaron messed up, God replaced them. He replaced unfaithful Saul with faithful David. God is respecter of persons. Remember Apostle Judas was replaced, too!
Whatever God has called you to do, do it quickly. This is because the time is very short. No more delay. Just listen to and follow that still small voice.
Remember God speaks to us primarily through an impression, witness or intuition in our spirits (Pro 20:27, Roman 8:14); secondarily, through dreams (Gen 37:5, 9; 1 Kings 3:5-15) and tertiarily, through visions, voices, prophecies, tongues and their interpretations and so on (Acts 9: 4-6, Acts 21:10-11,1Cor 14:5, 27).
All these must be based on His Word!


2007

2ND EDITION 2011

SINNERS CONFESSION
If you are not yet born-again, say this:
I choose to repent today. Also I choose to believe that Jesus died for my sins and rose up for my justification.
The Scripture says, If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved (Rom 10:9).
Therefore, I believe in Jesus in my heart and confess Him as my Lord. Now I am born-again (Amen).
 
SAY THIS ALOUD TO RECEIVE THE HOLY SPIRIT
Also Jesus said, But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you and you will be my witnesses (Acts 1:8).
And on the day of Pentecost All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit gave them utterance (Acts 2:4).
Therefore, I receive the Holy Spirit by faith right now and I begin to speak in an unknown tongue (unlearned tongue) as He gives me the utterance.
I command every foul spirit [spirit of fear, spirit of unbelief, spirit of doubt, religious spirit, unforgiving spirit] wanting to hinder me to stop in its evil operation in my life in Jesus name.
Thank you God for filling me with your Spirit in Jesus name (Amen).
 
Books By The Same Author
How to Interpret Dreams and Visions
Why Marriages Break
How to Find the Right Life Partner
Secrets of Financial and Material Prosperity
How to Receive Your Divine Healing
Unfolding the Fivefold Ministry
The Ministry of an Apostle
The Ministry of a Prophet
The Ministry of an Evangelist
The Ministry of a Pastor
The Ministry of a Teacher
Passion for the Lost
Understanding the Call of God
Basic Bible Course
How to Receive the Holy Spirit
Fulfilling Your Divine Destiny
Day of Reckoning: God's Formula for Eternal Rewards
Identifying Counterfeit Ministries
Sanctification: Changing from Inside Out
O Suffering, Why Really Me?
Intimacy with God
The Pastor's Wife
Why Some Churches Won't Grow!
Just Before You Start a Church
How to Prepare and Deliver Sermons
Finding Your Own Ministry
False Doctrines Exposed!
How to Raise Money for Ministry

SPECIAL! SPECIAL! SPECIAL!
A MUST READING/VIEW
(Google the following free of charge on the Internet and God will change your life forever.)
1. Holiness Required For Heaven by Carillo from Bolivia
2. Eternal Destinations: Godly Attire and Adornment
3. Another Warning by Kingsley Ubani
4. Time Is Over : Run For Your Life by Kingsley Ubani
5. 9 Testimonies on Tithing from Heaven and Hell Visions
6. The Dangers of Eating Gods Tithes and Offerings
7. The Visitation of Jesus to Samuel Oghenetega
(Crosscheck these testimonies with the Scriptures and if you have questions you may send us an email.)

About the Author
Segun Olumide and his wife, Tosin are founding ministers in the New Apostolic Movement and the Glorious Family Church International both in Lagos, Nigeria. He has a divine mandate to align the Church with God's purpose.
In a vision, the Lord showed him a Bible opened to the Acts of the Apostles with the words APOSTOLIC CALL on one of the pages. They reach out through School Of Ministry, School of Life (Pre-Bible School), NAM Bible School and NAM Correspondence Bible School and Healing School. His apostolic teachings have blessed the Body of Christ across the nation.

Connect with me online
If God has blessed you through this book, please send me an e-mail to share your testimony, inspiration or reading experience, mail to:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/olumide.olusegun.5


NAM PARTNERS
(NEW APOSTOLIC MOVEMENT PARTNERS)
Abundance of peace be multiplied to you in Jesus' name. If God has blessed you through this ministry, I want you to prayerfully consider becoming a financial and prayer partner with us in discipling the nations for Christ before he comes back.
Surely you will reap the reward on earth and also in eternity, as you follow Jesus to the end.
You may support us in prayer daily.
Also you may support us financially with any amount of money God lays upon your heart just once, monthly, every 3 months, every 6 months or yearly as it is convenient for you.
You may contact us by email: [email protected] or call: +234-816-1297-781.
God bless you real good.

All rights reserved.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print