Grumpy Game Boy
by PamFord Davis

Watching the face of someone engrossed in a favorite movie, television program, sports or electronic game is very interesting. I can read their emotions by the expressions on their face. I witness excitement, anticipation and happiness. Yet, if things take an unexpected turn, they become downcast and dismayed. Last week I watched a young boy playing a hand held electronic game.

His hands were moving in rapid succession punching buttons; his eyes were darting back and forth across the screen as he concentrated on his game. He almost looked like he was experiencing pain. Things had gone awry and he was showing signs of frustration and anger. The game was no longer a pleasurable pastime. He was out to win and failure would ruin his day. He displayed symptoms of a grumpy game boy.

He needed to think about something else. "Fix your thoughts on what is true and good and right. Think about all you can praise God for and be glad about. Keep putting into practice all you learned from me and saw me doing, and the God of peace will be with you (Philippians 4:8b-9 Living Bible)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print