Miasma
by Sheriena McEvers

There is a way of thinking that has been seeping into our country's culture. This miasma, so innocuous and seemingly lacking in power and strength, has been growing stronger and stronger. It has taken many years to get to where it is now.
We were warned about it years ago. We didn't pay attention. At that time the problem seemed small. We each thought, "That doesn't matter to me. That doesn't touch my life. So why should worry about it. Why should I care enough to do something about it or at least speak up." So. we did nothing.
Step by step we made room for it. We became acclimated to its presence. Moral standards and boundaries became blurred. We no longer saw clearly. We mistook good for evil and evil for good. We had been deceived.
Over time our senses had been dulled. Tolerance is the dominating influence today. When we stop to think about it, we know it is not right. However, the reigning thought is that all well. So once again, we do nothing.
Now tolerance has turned into outright welcome. Even though these voices come from a small minority in our population, it has become a loud demanding minority expecting total acceptance with no opposition.
This rationale is finally in control; so much so, that the state is interfering with religion. We no longer think we have a right to speak out against it or say anything that makes it look bad. The constitution is meant to protect our freedom of religion. It is meant to protect our freedom to practice and speak about our religion without interference from the government. If we want to keep that freedom, we need to become just as insistent as those who don't want us to have that freedom.

Just began writing about 5-6 year ago. I didn't know what to do with my writings. My older son suggested that I blog. After much thought and prayer, I began blogging summer of 2012. Just an update-I now have two sites. Currently looking to publish a Bible study workbook.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print