Blind Man's Bluff
by PamFord Davis

Some parents pass down children's games from generation-to-generation. Who hasn't played Hide and Go Seek? Do you remember Blind Man's Bluff? Players take turns wearing a bandana over their eyes as a playmate spins them around a few times. The sightless player loses their sense of direction and gropes around searching for other players to tag and identify. I feel dizzy just thinking about it.

The spiritually lost are dizzy (bewildered) and blind. I was spiritually blind from birth, groping my way around in hopes of finding the way to the light. In the Gospel of John, we meet a man who had been physically sightless since birth. He had never seen a bit of light. Jesus miraculously delivered this man from his prison of darkness. Skeptics questioned the healed man's parents and interrogated him. He had no complicated theological explanation, only firsthand testimony.

He testified. "One thing I do know: I was blind and now I see (John 9:25b NTEV)." He shared what he believed. "We know that God does not listen to sinners; he does listen to people who respect him and do what he wants them to do. Since the beginning of the world nobody has ever heard of anyone giving sight to a blind person. Unless this man came from God he would not be able to do a thing (John 9:31-33 TEV)." He was not bluffing.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print