What is a "Prophet's Reward"?
by Gregory Booker

The scripture for the verse is from Matthew 10:41 and it reads from NIV:
"Whoever welcomes a prophet as a prophet will receive a prophet's reward, and whoever welcomes a righteous person as a righteous person will receive a righteous person's reward."

When one is called by God to serve in the prophetic ministry, it is quite unique. Such a person is indeed brought to see the heart and mind of God at work in this calling and ministry.

While the affirmation of another person receiving a "prophet's reward" is more for the hearer than the prophet himself. It is no doubt that the gift of prophecy emanating from the speaker is in a moment of rejoicing also. When the message of wisdom and insight is heard and see what the prophets see concerning the righteousness of God they have gained much without searching themselves in the scripture for that word for the moment. It also may reveal to them what is wrong within the camp despite the fact that sin has crept in the House of the Lord. Thinking things are just fine when in fact it is not.

What is often overlooked by the general populace is the intense solitude and even burden of reality that the prophet suffers from being consecrated for this type of work. He is often alone and has few, if any supporters, as he declares on behalf of God what most people don't want to hear. I call it a burden of joy but it is a burden nonetheless. But for those who "hear the words" of the true prophet and receives them in their heart, ministry or life as from God. Then they have received the same reward as the prophet did from God without having the responsibility (burden) of being before God to deliver it despite the unpopularity of the message.

The prophet puts himself at risk in the name of God while others hear his message and may believe it and follow it without wearing the cloth of the office so to speak. I feel that in this calling in my own life have done a necessary work for the Lord in sharing the prophetic word as in my books and I see how many reap the same rewards as I have. They ultimately see the same vision God has shown me after much searching to find it. For in Jeremiah 33:3 it reads "Call to me and I will answer thee, and show thee great and unsearchable things you cannot know". In many cases the revelation of end times comes to the people without the dillgent search of scripture. They received it simply by hearing from the pulpit or buying a book and having the message of the those active in this ministry readily presented to them. This is a prophet's reward to the church community when the spirit of Jesus, who is the spirit of prophecy is at the centerpiece prophetic revelation.
Suffice it to say, I worked diligently searching the scripture and dared to write down a few things that far too many folks in my own church community don't want to hear. I also subscribe this work as the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. This is not a common thing done and some called it mighty bold. I have step out of my comfort zone and pressed on by faith so that others can be comforted. As a result, many have received a prophet's advice without having to take the risk that such an office entails. Such becomes their reward and the ministry is blessed.

We all give something to the gospel for from our faith comes the gifts of the Spirit. He endows us with the nine gifts of Holy Spirit. However, the prophet will speak what needs to be heard being anointed by God to do so. And should it be heard will be the greatest of rewards indeed for us.

The old testaments prophets and the prophetic based apostles words continue to breathe life into the gospel of Christ and when we receive them we become blessed to see God himself still at work! This is what keeps His word alive before us and why the scripture is known as the Living Word of hope. The cry of the prophets and the voice in the wilderness has lived longer than any other until God is finished and the New Jerusalem arrives. God will send a few righteous men and women to declare a few things so let us prepare to have ears to hear and receive a reward based on wisdom and instruction which is the central role of the messengers from God!

"Inspired Writings of a Prophet for Jesus the Christ" was released in 2012 and has a press release at link http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/2/prweb9173531.htm 
God is looking for a few good watchmen to stand at the gates from the walls  of Jerusalem and declare a few things by His Word.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print