Indescribable Mistreatment
by PamFord Davis

We wonder how man can commit vile atrocities against family members. A son or daughter turns against father or mother; a parent harms flesh of their flesh, sister or brother brutally attacks a sibling. How can this be? They are their own flesh and blood. Does indescribable mistreatment within God's family shock me?

It should. The church is my spiritual family, with Christ Jesus as head. He is always loving and just, deserving my highest reverence and love. In submission to him and my sisters and brothers in Christ, I have the opportunity to demonstrate his tender love. Such love is not vindictive; instead, it seeks reconciliation.

We are under the blood of Jesus. We are children of God; surely, we ought to love one another. "So we can see who God's children are and who the devil's children are. These are the ones who are not God's children: those who don't do what is right and those who do not love their brothers and sisters in God's family (1 John 3:10 ERV)." God is Father; he commands us to love.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print