Christian Wannabe or Christian Ought To Be
by Steve Countryman

I have to be honest here, as I write this it is painfully clear to me that I have a LONG way to go to be the Christian that my God wants me to be. I could use that right there for an excuse to quit trying. But all I have to do is take one look back and see how far my God has brought me from the guy I used to be to His servant today and I am totally in awe!

A Christian wannabe is someone who wants to be a Christian but on their terms not God's. Going to church, being active in church, having a Christian bumper sticker, wearing a cross, having some religious tattoos or just keeping your Bible on the coffee table at home doesn't make you a Christian. Most of today's Christians don't read the Bible even if they own one. If your Bible sits in your car from Sunday to Sunday doesn't mean that you are armed with the Word of God. Watching television evangelist or listening to a preacher quote the Bible doesn't qualify as you reading the Bible. There are so many churches out there where the Bible isn't quoted at all for fear that it will offend someone or it is considered to be anti-seeker friendly church material. The Bible is too exclusive to a church who is ALL inclusive!

There is now a gay-friendly Bible called the "Queen James" version that has removed ALL scripture references to homosexuality. Another new Bible just released by Thomas Nelson Publishing called "The Voice Bible". This version has removed the name of Jesus Christ, angels and prefers to use emissary instead of apostle. Changing the Bible to accommodate sinful lifestyles, groups of people, false doctrines or eliminate the Trinity is to make a mockery of church and God's Word. Church is no longer church but a social club of political correctness.

To be a Christian means to be Christ-like! You can't be a Christian if you support abortions. You can't be a Christian if you believe in evolution. You can't be a Christian if you support or condone any sinful lifestyle ie couples living together, sex outside of marriage, homosexuals and gay marriage. To support any sin as acceptable is contrary to God and His Word and that is sin and not Christ-like! If it is not Christ-like it is not being a Christian. To believe in God and Jesus doesn't make you a Christian. Even demons believe in God and Jesus and they are not Christians. But there are people out there that spend their lives doing "good deeds" and going to church but they are not born again believers. They are trying to earn their way into heaven by works of the flesh. To be a born again believer the Bible says in Romans 10:9-10 9 If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

The seeker friendly churches and the wannabe Christians have one thing in common. They both have sacrificed their beliefs and the Word of God for worldly thinking. They have compromised away their righteousness for political correctness, social acceptability and "feel good" Christianity which is not being a Christian at all but having the appearance of being a "Christian". These people are self-righteous, arrogant, prideful and "know-it-alls". "Super Christians" who do more, act more, give more, judge more and criticize more than regular Christians. They think that they know the Bible better than any average Christian and will make up stuff so as not to be embarrassed when confronted. They want to be noticed and the center of attention in church and are jealous and critical of truly gifted Christians and the work they do. Some are false prophets who think that God ONLY speaks to them and no one else!

Compromising worldly beliefs with Bible facts is very common in these churches. Some time ago I met a man who told me that him and his wife were retired school teachers. He also is currently on the board of a local church. He told me that he and his wife both believe in evolution. When I started to quiz him about it he told me something that I have just recently heard about. Today over 60% of those who call themselves Christian believe that evolution was helped along by God and not ALL things were created directly by God. No matter how hard I search I can't find anything in scripture where evolution is ever mentioned. But they call themselves Christian. That is God on man's terms not God on God's terms! Evolution either fully or partially believed is a LIE and an insult to the God of creation! Genesis 1:26 26 Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground." It doesn't say that man is descended or related to the ape or that God helped creation along when He created man in His image!

Because the Bible is in direct opposition to such worldly beliefs, the "modern church" has decided not to quote those scriptures or in some cases discarding the use of the Bible all together. Any church that removes God's Word cannot expect God to show up there. To attend a church where the Spirit of the Lord is not present is a waste of time!

"Christian ought to be" is a born-again believer who loves the Lord and seeks His face daily! I know that this statement sounds simplistic but Father God has designed it that way. Not to be as complicated as religion has tried to make it. Jesus created the church while man created religion. Most all religions have added to God's salvation plan by making salvation something that you have to earn instead of the free gift that God created it to be!

When you earnestly seek God daily in His Word and in prayer you allow the Holy Spirit to work in you, with you , to you , for you and through you. When you seek God daily you seek His perfect will for you and you seek His perfect love to you. 2 Corinthians 3:18 And all of us, as with unveiled face, [because we] continued to behold [in the Word of God] as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are constantly being transfigured into His very own image in ever increasing splendor and from one degree of glory to another; [for this comes] from the Lord [Who is] the Spirit. (AMP) Philippians 1:6 being confident of this, that he, (God), who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. One thing is for sure that as a "Christian ought to be" you will never be the same person again for God loves you too much to let you stay as you are! A "Christian ought to be" isn't content with being just a "pew sitter". They are the ones who are led by the Holy Spirit, believe the entire Word of God, has the manifested presence of God active in their daily lives and is lovingly obedient to God's will. There is no limit to what God will do through a man or woman of God s who is sold out to God and always gives God all the glory! Ephesians 3:20-21 20 Now to Him Who, by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams] 21 To Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations forever and ever. Amen (so be it). (AMP)


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print