God Is Not Mad At You!
by Angeline Williams

Not too long ago I got some disturbing news of someone who is very dear to me. The word was that they were strung out on drugs and living in an abandoned garage. As I heard this heartbreaking news, all I could think of was the prodigal son living in the hog pen. I was reminded that the prodigal son came to himself and went home. I began to pray for my dear loved one, that he would come to himself and come home, back to Jesus who in no wise would cast him out, but welcome him with open arms.

Knowing this person as I do I began to think what he must be thinking at night when everything is quiet in that abandoned garage. Was he thinking that God is mad at him? Was he thinking that God could never forgive him for the mistakes he made? Was he feeling hopelessly addicted and that he can never be free? Having made such a mess of his life, how could he possibly return to the family home, to God? 

I wanted so desperately to reach out to him, to tell him that there is nothing he has done that has changed God’s love for him. I wanted to tell him that he is not without hope, to rise up out this hog pen and go home. 

Maybe you or someone you know is in a similar situation. Maybe your life is in ruins because of bad decisions. Maybe you are a prodigal child and you think that God is so angry with you that He could never forgive you. You are not alone. Millions of people from all backgrounds have bought into the idea that God is an angry deity waiting to strike them down when they do something wrong. This is a lie of Satan and it stops people from being free.

Beloved, the very character of God is love, mercy, and justice. This is evident in His Son Jesus Christ going to the cross so no He is not angry with you but He doesn't like the wrong that you do because it is not who He created you to be. God created you for a purpose. He chose you to walk in power, freedom, and victory and He wants to spend eternity with you.

In Isaiah the Lord God declares: “I’m promising now no more anger, no more dressing you down. For even if the mountains walk away and the hills fall to pieces, my love won’t walk away from you, my covenant commitment of peace won’t fall apart.’ The God who has compassion on you says so” (Isaiah 54:9-10, MSG).

Beloved, God never stops loving you and He wants to give you an abundant life. The devil would love for you to continue where you are because his goal is to destroy you, but God wants you to have an abundant life filled with His power and provision. John 10:10 says, “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full” (NIV). No matter who you are, where you’re from, where you’ve been or what you’ve done, God loves you. There is nothing that can get in the way of that. Romans 8:38-39 says, “For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Nothing means nothing! God IS love, and His love for you has no limits.

Let me ask you a question. How long will you stay in the hog pen? What is it going to take for you to come home? No doctor, counselor, drug rehabilitation center, or any other human being can change you. The most valuable thing you will ever receive God has already given you and that is His grace. All you need to do is accept His Gift. You need to make a decision! The choice is simple. Stay where you are and die or go home and live.

The prodigal son although deeply ashamed, decided to go home, to beg his father’s forgiveness. As he approached his home he was surprised to find his father running to greet him. There were no harsh criticisms. He did not ask for an explanation or demand an apology. He never said I told you so. He just put his arms around his son and with tears of joy said “my son has come home, let us celebrate his return. What a miracle this was.

Beloved, Jesus told the story of the Prodigal Son (Luke 15:11-32) so that you will know that this same miracle is waiting for you too. Jesus Christ is that miracle! Jesus knows you. He sees you in that hog pen. He knows exactly where you are, what you are going through, and He cares about you and He wants you to come home.

Before I became a Christian I used to see car tags that said, “Jesus is the Answer” and would wonder how could Jesus be the answer to all problems. I later found out that Jesus is the answer because He is the way to God. Jesus Christ loves you as much as He loves me and every other person that has stepped out of the hog pen and come home. He doesn't play favorites, and He never turns anybody down who calls on Him for help. Jesus said: “Him who comes to me, I will not cast out” (John 6:37).

Maybe in a time of desperation, you called out to Jesus and got the impression that He didn't hear you or maybe you thought that you were not good enough for Him to help you. I want to tell you that you are good enough, He does want to help you. The trouble maybe that you didn't really want to change, you just wanted a temporary relief. Think about it, how many times have you found yourself in a situation and said, “God if you get me out this I will never do so and so again”. When deep down inside you knew, you did not mean it. You just wanted to feel better, a temporary fix or a patch up.

Truth is God is not a temporary fix or patch-up God. He wants to make you over into a brand new person who is not a slave to sin. The Bible says, “If anyone gets into Jesus he becomes a brand new person inside. He is not the same anymore. A new life has begun!” (2 Corinthians 5:17 Living Bible).

Again, I ask how long will you continue in the hog pen? What is it going to take for you to come home? Do you want this miracle power in your life? Are you even curious enough to find out if it's really true and possible for you? Is your heart being stirred right now? Are you even considering what I am saying? That is the Holy Spirit tugging at your heart. Don’t resist Him. Don’t keep ignoring Christ. You do not have to continue living in misery and pain. Rise up, lay the shame, the stubbornness, and the pride down, step out the hog pen and come home.

I don't care if you are or what you've done you are loved by Jesus Christ. The Bible says in Romans 10:13 “whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved”. If you sincerely call on Him He will answer and bring you home. You may think you are powerless to resist the issues that keep you in the hog pen, that you are never going to get out of the mess you are in. Don't believe that. It is not true! It is a lie of Satan! No one is hooked by sin. No one is hopelessly addicted. The devil cannot hold you captive anymore because Jesus Christ died on the cross and destroyed the power of the devil. Jesus Christ made him weak and powerless.

Make the decision! Once you make the decision to rise up and step out of the hog pen and come home the devil has no right to keep you there. Once you make the decision to come home, you can experience the miracle of the prodigal son too.
 


How do you step out of the Hog Pen?



  1. The first step to coming home is recognizing that you are lost. 

  2. Then you must have the desire to come home.

  3. The Bible says in Romans 10:9, “if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. So your next step would be to confess that desire with your mouth and let the Lord Jesus Christ know that you want to come home.  


This is a simple process once you've made up your mind. You can pray and say something simple like this from your heart...


Dear God, I believe that Jesus Christ shed His precious blood on the cross and died for my sins. I believe You raised Jesus from the dead. I realize that I am a sinner. I am sorry for my sins and the life that I have lived. I ask you to forgive me of my sin. I want to turn from my sin. I confess Jesus as the Lord of my soul. Thank you Jesus for going to the Cross so that I can be free. Because I asked, I believe You answered. I believe that right now I am saved. Help me Father to understand what this means and to fully walk away from every work of the devil.  Amen. 


If you just prayed this prayer you are saved! Welcome to the family of God!



Angeline Williams is the author of two books: I DonĂ¢t Believe in Fairytales: Breaking Anti-Marriage Strongholds and Put The Word In Your Mouth: Believe God, Agree With His Word, Declare His Word, and Change Your Life! She is also the owner Williams DocuPrep, a prepress service for authors.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print