A Cry For Help?
by Angeline Williams

This is a true story; the names have been changed to protect the innocent… 


Alexander grew up in a home where he was abused continually by his mother’s brother, Uncle Wilson. Mary Alexander’s mom didn’t know what was going on because the majority of the time she was so spaced out from heroin that she couldn’t pay attention to her surroundings or her children. Heroin had taken over her capacity to see and hear anything but its voice. 


Alexander’s cry for help was to emulate what had been done to him with his sister Demetria. Several nights a week Alexander would come into Demetria’s room and do what Uncle Wilson had done to him. This went on for years. 


No one paid attention when Alexander started fighting in school and touching girls in inappropriate places. It was dismissed as he was a bad child who would amount to no good. At least that is what he was told. When the principle called, Alexander's mom, Mary was away doing what she needed to do to block out the abuse she had endured from the age of five until she was finally locked up in a girl’s home at the age of 13. She too was told that she was a bad child who would amount to no good. Alexander went on to become a career criminal. Demetria went on to become a drug addict and an alcoholic. 


Mary's mom Carolyn never noticed her cry for help because she was busy working 2 jobs trying to care for her five children alone. Daddy David wasn’t around anymore because he was trying to block out his abuse that started when he was a child but couldn’t, so he gave in and gave up and left to pursue his life of drugs and alcohol freely.


Carolyn didn’t pay attention to Daddy David’s unhealthy attitudes toward women when she met him. She thought it was strange but since there was a familiarity about him she loved him so much that it blinded her from seeing beyond the familiarity. She just couldn’t understand why she wasn’t enough for Daddy David even though she had given him five children. She didn’t know that his attitude towards sex was destroyed at such a tender young age by his mom Velda and her friends who used to put him in time-outs quite often. She didn’t know that the strange sex he made her have was his way of demonstrating what had been done to him in time out. She just didn’t know. 


It looked like Satan's plan of destruction he had for Alexander's family throughout generations would continue to run its course, but God had a different plan. One day God sent a young man across Alexander’s path who shared the Love of God and the Gospel of Jesus Christ with Alexander.


The Word of God pierced his heart and stirred his faith. He believed and received God’s Word and his life began to change that very day. He joined a church where he learned about his new life in Christ. The more he learned, the more he grew spiritually. He began to pray for his family. It took a while, but His family also accepted Christ and that plan and stronghold that Satan had started was destroyed.


Does this story seem familiar to you? You know if you are, but what you may not realize is why. You’ve probably cried out to God asking Him why? Truth is since you came into the world, Satan has been on a mission to destroy you, but God’s mercy has walked with you right up to this day. He has kept you.


Sometimes it may have seemed like God wasn’t with you, but He was right there. The proof is that you are still here. That suicide attempt didn’t work, the drugs and the alcohol couldn’t destroy you. That pain that you’ve walked with all these years couldn’t destroy you. God’s mercy said NO! 


My name is Angeline. I am not a licensed counselor or psychologist. I am just a woman who loves God’s people and have probably seen or experienced most of what you are going through right now. I know what Satan’s attempts look like because he tried to destroy me too, but more than that, I know Mercy has said NO to Satan's destructive plan for you! God loves you and He is not angry with you. I am living proof that healing and restoration is possible!


You are not reading this article by accident. You were led here for a Divine appointment for deliverance. Today is your day for healing and restoration to begin… God is ready to restore you and He will, but you have to let Him do it. Do you want to be free? 


If you have never given your life to Jesus Christ and you can do so right now.


How to be born again 
The following is what the Bible says.



  1. Admit that you are a sinner.
    The Bible says, “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23).

  2. Know that God has already provided for your salvation.
    “For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son [Jesus Christ] that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life” (John 3:16).

  3. Know that you cannot save yourself.
    “Not by works of righteousness which we have done but according to his mercy he saved us” (Titus 3:5).

  4. Repent of your sins.
    “Except ye repent ye shall all likewise perish” (Luke 13:3).

  5. Call upon Jesus Christ to save you.
    “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved” (Romans 10:13) and “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved” (Acts 16:31).

  6. Proclaim Jesus before others.
    “If thou shall confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shall be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness: and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation” (Romans 10:910).


Do you recognize that you are a sinner? Do you believe in what Christ has done? As a sign of turning from sin, we begin by asking Jesus to come into our heart. This is also called as the ‘Salvation Prayer’ or the ‘Sinners prayer’. 

The Bible says in 1 John 1:9 “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” Repentance is not something you should think. Praying out-loud helps to remove any doubt from your mind about whether you have really prayed or not. 

Here is a summary of what you must pray. Feel free to put them in your words and pray with all your heart and mind:



  1. a) You need to confess your sins and ask for God’s forgiveness. 
    b) Ask Jesus to come into your life as Savior and Lord.
    c) Thank God for His forgiveness.



You can do this anytime and anywhere. (You are then putting your life into God’s control and saying that from that moment you will follow and serve Jesus alone.) .. so you can literally say something out of your mouth like:

Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner. Lord the sinful life that I lived separated me from you. Lord forgive me of my sins. I know I owe a sin debt that I cannot pay. Lord, I believe that you died on the cross and rose on the third day to pay my sin debt. Lord, I'm sorry for my sins. From this day forward I want to put all my trust in you, Lord show me how to live a Christian life. In Jesus name, Amen

If you have prayed this prayer from the bottom of your heart, you now have Jesus in your heart. Now tell someone what you have done! Spread the good news. 



WHAT TO DO NOW:
Being a Christian means more than just saying a prayer. Now that you believe in Jesus and have confessed Him as Lord and Savior He calls you to become His disciple and follow Him. I strongly encourage you to get connected with a Bible Believing church family near you that preaches and teaches the Bible, faithfully making God’s Word clear and applicable. 



Angeline Williams is the author of two books: I DonĂ¢t Believe in Fairytales: Breaking Anti-Marriage Strongholds and Put The Word In Your Mouth: Believe God, Agree With His Word, Declare His Word, and Change Your Life! She is also the owner Williams DocuPrep, a prepress service for authors.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print