Why Men Hate The Truth
by Dr. Henderson Ward

The truthful, serial truth-seekers, lovers of truth and all those who make it their business to endorse, highlight and practice truth is faced with a hostile world agitating for, even relishing their destruction. Truth, like light to darkness, is the most implacable foe of the ungodly and hence the sustained and virulent hostility.

We live in a world so toxic with evil that we are afraid to believe our eyes, we are hesitant to trust our hearing and we cannot be sure how to take our feelings. The frightful truth here is this; things are so topsy-turvy that everything seems tentative, shadowy and insubstantial. The sceptics and those of a certain philosophical persuasion would have us believe that nothing is solid and certain but relative and a matter of perception and circumstances. The sin of this age is that the truth is being besmirched on all sides to look like the trappings of an outdated theology, the hallowed component of a reactionary people who are behind the times and a relic left behind by post-modernism.

The forces of this degenerate world, the masses of unenlightened humanity, the followers of the Satanic agenda and the haters of God and all things religious are one in their determination to damn as many souls as quickly as they can and they do so by relentlessly attacking the truth. Whole professions have bought into this prevailing, debilitating mindset to such an extent that it has become ineradicably associated with their profession.

Take the Legal Profession: Everyone knows that despite their lofty ideals lawyers regard truth as anathema. Truth to lawyers is the equivalent of potent insecticide in a nest of insects; they will keep far from it and touch it only as a last resort and on pains of death. Criminals know who to run to with their lies when they want to escape justice. Happily there are still some scrupulous lawyers on the planet.

Take the Journalistic Profession: To find a journalist with integrity is almost as difficult as finding an honest lawyer. Nearly every survey carried out across the world shows that lawyers and journalists are the two most despised and untrustworthy professionals. Many stories across the mass media masquerading as independent journalistic offerings are paid for by corporate interest and special groups and slanted to suit their sponsors. The journalistic herd of mainstream media that tout lies for the establishment is a given. No wonder social media are booting these Machiavellian philistines into deserved oblivion.

Take Law Enforcement: It is now taken for granted that law enforcement is riddled with criminality. This was always known to the authorities and they have internal-affairs departments dealing with this but the general population is now more familiar with the situation. Many law enforcement officers actually feel they are above the law and that the law is only for the public. The laudable integrity of the police of yesteryear is long gone and the trust that the populace had for the police is a thing of the past. No one today takes the police at face value and would be unwise and naive to do so.

These are but three major professions where truth is a major casualty and if you are truthful, honest and have the integrity you stand out like the proverbial sore thumb among them.

Every country in the world is run by men, and it does not matter if the Head of State or the Prime Minister is a woman or if most of the Cabinet Members are women, it is men who control the political, social, moral and commercial agenda, and its men who are particularly hostile to truth.

Men, in common with truth haters everywhere, hate the truth because the masculine agenda is oppressive, nihilistic (nothing is worthwhile) and egotistic.

It was always so.

The first man, Adam, was given a position of authority and trust and he signally failed to live up to his responsibilities. Men have shamefacedly been making unconscionable excuses for their failures ever since and fallen victim to a toxic attitude which devours them.

Take men's attitude to women: Most men's attitude to women is sexist, not just in terms of inferiority but that women are there to be used and abandoned at their leisure. Most men see women the same way as gunfighters of the Old West saw their victims, as things to be notched up on a list of achievements. And even married men, those not inconvenienced with spiritual convictions, see it as their right as men to be cheats. You only have to see how men happily engage in years-long infidelity and show remorse only when their misdeed is made public.

Take men's nihilistic attitude: The reason so many are in crisis and on the way to oblivion is because the majority has no time for morality and religion and has no understanding of and no love for the objective basis of truth. Men seem obsessed with the belief that any higher authority exists and can instruct and guide them. In truth men has become an island to themselves and has created a persona of isolation and separateness that easily falls prey to immoral influences.

Take men's egotistic attitude: It is one thing to be self-sufficient and industrious but quite another to be destructively egoistical. There is something called society, there are people out there that requires consideration, other people have rights and entitlements beyond the individual and it's an evil mindset that holds otherwise. The law of the jungle might have had some justification in a bygone era but we moderns know better today we say, but we should stop fooling ourselves; today the law of the jungle is with us once more, refined, modernised, sophisticated and just as deadly.

The plain truth is that our lost world is awash with evil and men love it being so. If you think that life is pointless, all you will ever have is what you currently possess and there is no point or rhythm to anything then it is to be expected that you act the way that men are acting today.

This brings us to some important truths, truths that may be denied, ignored, belittled and scorned but they remain valid truths until the end of time.

Truth number 1: Man did not make himself, God did.

However hard men try, and history shows that they have tried very hard and are still trying, they did not make themselves; God did. Men might search for absurd reasons to deny God his due but all the facts point in the same direction and the very nature of man affirms God's majestic input. "...In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him; Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created." (Genesis 5:1-2)

Truth number 2: When God is ready he will call men to account.

Of course not just men but all humanity. It was just recently people in high office in Wall Street, USA did wickedness and brought ruin to millions and were not held to account. Many rich and famous do wickedness every day and die without being held to account; for example the Disc Jockey and celebrity and serial child abuser Jimmy Savile. Rest assured that nobody ever evades God's justice because the time will come when they will be called to justice. God's justice might be perceived as slow in coming but it always comes. "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment" (Hebrews 9:27) "For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil." (Ecclesiastes 12:14) "And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works." (Revelation 20:12)

Truth number 3: Every soul is given a chance for salvation.

No human being has ever lived and not been given a chance of redemption, no not even the vilest savage. God has always shown light on the path of humans and afforded them the opportunity to walk in that light. Paul tells us, "For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves." (Romans 2:14) Today the gospel is preached everywhere and bibles are freely available and everyone has the opportunity to be saved, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28) If you are reading this then take this as an opportunity to seek God.

Truth number 4: The truth wins out.

Amongst all the gamesmanship, blustering, bravado and denial, despite the most strident opposition and blistering hostility, in the face of overwhelming odds and a tsunami of opprobrium, something glorious is assured by truth; God's truth ALWAYS prevails. Jesus says, "Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away." (Luke 21:33)

And here is the most glorious truth to set men right.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, THE TRUTH, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6) If you truly have the Lord Jesus then you have the embodiment of truth, you have total truth, you have ineffable truth and this is the truth that sets you absolutely free.

Enough said.

Books by this author (non-fiction except indicated otherwise)

E-books Published by Amazon.com
If you do not have a Kindle then when you access the site, click on How Buying Works and you will see the FREE apps for Computer, Cell phone, etc Then click as appropriate.

(Please click on the appropriate book link or cut and paste in your URL)

THINGS EVERY CHRISTIAN SHOULD KNOW (e-book)
Volume 1 Five tough facts to be faced
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004YX5NSI

STAND UP TO THE DEVIL (e-book)
Volume 1 You must first identify him
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005BQVLSS

BASTARD: A STORY OF REDEMPTION(e-book fiction)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006OF3SD6

ONE MINUTE TO MIDNIGHT ON GOD'S CLOCK (Hard copy)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002X78D16

ONE MINUTE TO MIDNIGHT ON GOD'S CLOCK (e-book)
http://tatepublishing.com/bookstore/book.php?w=978-1-60799-630-9

Dr. Henderson Ward received his Doctor of Divinity in theology, with distinction, from Masters International School of Divinity, USA, where he is currently a post-doctoral fellow. Dr. Ward's career involved pastoring, evangelism, and teaching. Copyright 2017

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print