Intimidating Cliques
by PamFord Davis

How many of you remember intimidating cliques in junior high and high school? Members were standoffish and you grimaced as you passed by. Their noses were up the air and their uppity glances made you very uncomfortable. Maybe this is a girl thing; I'm not sure if boys gather in cliques or just huddle.

Huddling or clique grouping is off limits. Instead of clique divisions, we should unite. "I have a serious concern to bring up to you, my friends, using the authority of Jesus, our Master. I'll put it as urgently as I can. You must get along with each other. You must learn to be considerate of one another, cultivating a life in common (1 Corinthians 1:10 The Message)."

Apostle Paul saw dangers in following popular leaders, instead of the Lord. "I'll tell you exactly what I was told: You're all picking sides, going around saying, 'I'm on Paul's side,' or 'I'm on Apollos,' or 'Peter is my man,' or 'I'm in the Messiah group (1 Corinthians 1:11b-12 The Message)." I must be wary of clique worship.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print