God Opportunities
by Steve Countryman

I pray that what I have learned I may be able to share with others complete with the blessings that it contains. So many truths that have been revealed by the Holy Spirit have really shook my world but none to the degree that this simple message has. Everyone knows that God places opportunities in our paths daily. Opportunities of being blessed, blessing others, being tested, spiritual growth, of revelation and epiphanies, to share the gospel, to share your testimony, to encourage others and to love people like God loves people. Most Christians, including myself, think that that is what being a Christian is all about, our daily lives. It is all about preparedness. But the reality that I have learned is that it is only a part of our lives and not the most important part either!

Simple tasks of being a blessing to others can turn into a fiasco of folly when we place our criteria upon them. I found this out first hand at Christmas time several years ago. I took four $25.00 Wal-mart gift cards for me and four for my wife Gina to give away. I told her to give them to whoever she wanted to but not to friends or family. This seemed to be a simple enough task to do but before I knew it I had turned it into a religious event. I had to find someone deserving and needy. Someone who really could use the gift card. I became very judgmental and cynical in my selection process. After a couple of weeks I had manage not to give away one single card. I had made it nearly impossible to do. There were many opportunities to give them away but no one fit my criteria. Meanwhile Gina had given all of hers away the first week. I made a simple task of blessing others into a religious chore. "Are they worthy of my time?" "Are they in need of a blessing or a prayer?" "Do they really need my help/blessing?" Don't I have to like them to bless them?" What if they are just faking needing a blessing?" "I don't want to be foolish for blessing the wrong person." That is what we Christians do, we judge others to our standards but not to God's standards.

Opportunities are really a two-way street. It blesses us to bless others just as it blesses God to bless us! We must look at our opportunities differently. To fulfill God's purpose for us here on earth we must treat all of our opportunities as God opportunities. That is what I have learned. Not to judge others or try to fit them into my criteria for me to be a blessing to them. That is not my job as a child of God's. Nowhere in the Bible does it say or have a list for me to use when blessing others. What I must do is create opportunities for my God to be a blessing to others through me. It is then up to God to do the rest. By myself I cannot heal anyone. I cannot deliver anyone. I cannot cast out demons. I cannot raise the dead. And I cannot offer eternal salvation. That is all up to my God to do. John 5:30 "By myself I can do nothing" Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

What I must do is make Jehovah God available to those around me. I must take those opportunities and turn them into God opportunities. I am to speak and declare God's Word, to speak words of faith and deliverance, to take authority that has been given me through Jesus and the Holy Spirit to cast out demons and lay hands on the sick so they recover. By allowing Jesus in us through the mighty Holy Spirit the opportunity to do the miraculous, the impossible, the inconceivable to those around us is why we are here. It is all up to God to do the rest. I don't decide who gets healed or delivered, that is not my job as a Christian. I am to direct those in need as they indicate their need to the only One who can supply ALL of their needs, Jesus! As a Christian life is not about you but about what all God can do through you if you let Him! AMEN!


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print