Drawn Towards the Light
by Rick King

By; Rick L King
August 31, 2013

Have you ever watched at night how bugs seem to be always drawn towards the light? I am sure you have. Maybe God did this for a reason.

Most of us as humans usually like some light to see. Darkness is uncertain and makes it hard for us to get around. You think maybe that was planned out by God? I think so. He uses many things to teach us lessons. I watched a fly the other night. No matter what room that I had the light on, it would always go to that room. I really did this as it was a nuisance and it kept flying so fast that I couldn't get it. Well, I turned my light off and little by little it worked its way to the back door. I then turned the inside lights off and turned the porch light on. The fly immediately went back outside. It followed the light wherever it was. I think maybe the Lord is trying to tell us something here.

Who is the light?

John 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

The only reason that man prefers the darkness is because of:

John 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

We are usually drawn to light. We should be drawn to the light of the world, who is Jesus. Life comes to us when we follow the light, not the darkness. There are so many scriptures about light and darkness. Yet even a simple thing like a light bulb has a message from the Lord. We like to have the light on unless we have evil deeds. It is so much nicer to see what we are doing or where that we are headed. Can you imagine living in total darkness? I cannot. You would just grope around and try to find your way. You would run into things as you could not see that they were there. A friend of mine who is 90 years just lost her sight to macular degeneration. Here she could see for 90 years and now all the sudden she can barely see anything. Oh how difficult that this must be to deal with. Yet, can you imagine being that way for eternity? I would not want to be. I would much rather walk in the light, follow the light, and be able to see not only physically but spiritually. Yes, there is spiritual darkness as unfortunately many are aware of. This of course is a choice. If we choose to walk in our evil deeds we become spiritually blind and walk in darkness. If we repent and turn to Jesus and follow Him, then our eyes can see the light and are able to follow the best sort of light that there is, Jesus.

I hope that this simple word will cause you to turn to Jesus and follow the light. Even the bugs are smarter than mankind sometimes. They want to follow the light. I hope and pray that you do also.


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print