Why Jesus?
by Maretha Retief

Have you ever asked, "Why Jesus?" Why do people follow Jesus? Why do you follow Him? What is the benefit in following Him? I would like to give you a reason by starting with the following verse:

John 15:13 "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends".

If you consider the people in your life, is there anyone you know that would give up his or her life for you to live? Even if the only thing you have done was to hurt them. Do you know someone like that?

I do. His name is Jesus. He chose to lay down His life for you even though you were filled with sin. He had such a desire to have a relationship with you that He chose you and died for you without asking anything in return so that you can live and know Him.

It is not our sin that pull us to Jesus but His love. A love that encompasses all understanding. A question that everyone asks is, "What is in it for me?" Well, when you are in it with Jesus, the following benefits are at your disposal but it is your choice to receive them.

You have forgiveness of all your sin. Jesus took all your sins on Him at the cross and was punished for them so that you never have to be punished again. He took your sin so that you can receive His righteousness. A gift of grace (Ephesians 2:8-9).

You are the righteousness of God in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:21). You are able to stand in God's presence and He always sees you through the perfect work of Jesus on the cross. He no longer reckons your sin to you as Jesus was already punished in your place. You are now washed clean.

There is now no condemnation for you in Christ as you no longer live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit (Romans 8:1). God did not sacrifice His Son to condemn the world but to set us free. You now have a life of freedom in Jesus with no fear of guilt or condemnation.

You are a new creation in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17). Your past is no longer important to God, all He sees in you is Jesus and His righteousness. You are a child of God with blessings at your disposal. You were born into this world from corruptible seed, but once you accepts Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, you are born of incorruptible seed from the Word of God (1 Peter 1:23).

You are a temple of God (1 Corinthians 3:16). God indwells you with His Holy Spirit. You will never again be alone as He never leaves you nor forsakes you. He desires to be with every moment. His power and wisdom is deposited into your spirit to lead and guide you in His will for your life.

You have a heavenly calling in Jesus (Hebrews 3:1). You were created with a divine purpose for your life. No matter what you do, God will always have the final say. It is never too late to submit to His will for your life. He is patient and is ready when you are.

You are able to bear much fruit in your life (John 15:5). God has equipped you with many blessing that will come forth in your life at the right time. He does not create you to stay the same but for you to prosper in everything that you put your hands to (Genesis 39:2).

You have eternal life (John 3:16). Your time on earth is a very small portion of the bright eternity ahead of you.

Nothing can separate you from the love of God no person, circumstance, sickness, disaster, or even death (Romans 8: 38-39). God's love for you is stronger than everything and He will always keep you in the palm of His hand. He empowers you through the knowledge of His love for you.

Is there anyone else you know who can provide for you in the way that Jesus does? He does this not out of obligation but out of love. Even if you do not want to accept it, it does not mean that He will no longer love and provide for you, because He will. If you would like to live a life without lack and always feeling saturated with love and divine purpose, that is why you choose Jesus.

Maretha Retief

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print