God Can
by Dixie Phillips

Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26 NIV

Its barely daylight. I can see the sun trying to make an appearance. There was no use in trying to go back to sleep. It just wasnt going to happen. Fear had held me captive again! I was a prisoner to all the What ifs? and You remember what happened to them, dont you? They died. God didnt answer their prayers. He doesnt hear yours either.

Doubts hounded me. These tormenting thoughts attempted to suffocate me recently after my husband was diagnosed with a life-threatening disease. Major decisions are ahead for our family. I stumble out of my bed and reach for my Bible. These days I practically live in the Psalms. My mind wanders to others who are facing a major crisis in their family. I whisper a prayer for them.

Lord, its just too heavy. If it be Thy will let this cup pass from me.

I crawl to the foot of the Cross and sit at Jesus feet. I sense Him quieting my clamoring soul. I am aware of a battle raging inside me. Enemy Fear and Captain Faith are having a heated debate. Confusion permeates my being as they exchange the exact same words, using the exact same letters, but they rearrange the words to come to a completely different conclusion. Enemy Fear, of course, must go first. He always has to be first in line. He begins with the familiar hissing of a serpent that once spoke in Genesis. Can God?

Captain Faith raises his shield and shouts, God can!

Will God? Enemy Fear scoffs.

God will! Captain Faith insists.

Does God care? Enemy Fear continues his rant.

God does care! Captain Faith bellows triumphantly.

The Prisoners of War came home today. Something was settled. I could say with the three Hebrew children these words.

If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, and he will rescue us from your hand, O king. But even if he does not, we want you to know, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up." Daniel 3:17,18 NIV

Dixie is a pastor's wife, ghostwriter, mother of four grown children, and grandmother of five "perfect" grandchildren. You can find out more about the ministry she and her husband are involved in at www.floydslighthouse.com. Guardian Angel Publishing has published 10 of Dixie's children's books.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print