Well, I Never!
by PamFord Davis

Far be it from me, to do or say such a thing "Well, I never!" I sometimes wonder how well I know myself. It may be that thing I fathom the most remote possibility, is instead, the most likely. I don't know what evil lurks in my mind; deep within crevices of my heart, sin is stalking. A beginner sits in the driver's seat; an instructor is in the passenger seat with words of wisdom, "Be aware of your surroundings." As a Christian, I must be aware of the opposing worldview but also keenly sensitive to my heart disease.

"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can know it? I, The LORD, search the heart, I test the mind, even to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his doings (Jeremiah 17:9-10 NKJ)." Did you catch that first three-letter word in the opening sentence? The LORD God said my heart is deceitful above "all" things. My heart lies habitually to my conscience and emotions. It rationalizes, points the blame to others and speaks a message of denial, "You? Never!" I'm wise to the ways of my heart. "Lord, search and sanctify."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print