Praying Through the Scriptures - John 5
by

Lord Jesus, how compassionate you were toward this man who had been sick for 38 years! You didnt just walk on by and say something like, God bless you. Instead, you were God, blessing him. Help me, Lord, to be your blessing to the people I come across. Help me to take the time to truly see the people and to minister to them. Use me, Lord, to help the hurting.

Father, help me, please, to obey as the sick man did. Help me to obey Jesus immediately. Let me not argue or delay. Let me just follow Jesus and let him lead me down the path you want me to walk. O God, I want to do your will! I want to be doing the work you have designed me to do!

I know I cant give life as Jesus does, but I can lead others to Jesus, the life-giver. Help me to do just that. Thank you, Father for raising Jesus from the dead, thereby breaking the bonds of sin and death for all those who follow him.

Please help me, God, to be a lamp like John the Baptist, to light the way to Jesus. As John testified to the Truth, help me to do so, also.

Thank you, Father for sending Jesus and for testifying about him. Thank you for the Scriptures that testify about him, too. Help me to always believe what Jesus says and to come to him, for only through him can I come to you.

In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Copyright 2007, Star Ferdinand.

Star Ferdinand is the author of The Prayerful Bible Study Series of study guides, numerous devotionals, and other Christian writings. You can read more of her writings at starferdinand.wordpress.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print