Cobweb Woes
by PamFord Davis

Movies from the 1940's and 50's are my favorites. The music, fashions and dialogue were most often tasteful and story lines were entertaining, intriguing, or humorous. Picture this frequently used sceneA man returns to his old family home to receive a large inheritance. The Victorian estate has been empty for years, he views boarded windows and the front door squeaks as he enters. He walks reverently through the vestibule into the great room.

In there, he smells mold, feels dampness and an eerie presence overshadows him. With his hand, he brushes aside annoying cobwebs as he walks through the room-removing sheet coverings on overstuffed chairs and sofas. Spider webs hanging from the ceiling chandelier accompany the cobwebs. It seems that no matter which way he turns webs fall upon his hands and face and freeing himself takes great effort.

I cannot free myself from sin's webs; evil ties my hands. The hands of the LORD effortlessly sweep aside webs of past sins, removing guilt and energy draining regrets. I find peace and access to the inheritance the LORD has prepared for me. "According to His great mercy, He has given us a new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that is imperishable, uncorrupted, and unfading, kept in heaven for you (1 Peter 1:3b HCS)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print