Foolishness or Faith?
by PamFord Davis

Foolishness or faith? Decide for yourself. It is all in the way you perceive reality. In the scope of eternity, it was not that long ago that people believed the earth was flat. I would say there is a marked difference between flat and round. Society largely rejected the claims of it being round as foolishness.

Is it foolish to see an instrument of death as the means to everlasting life? We cling to Calvary's cross. "I know very well how foolish it sounds to those who are lost, when they hear that Jesus died to save them. But we who are saved recognize this message as the very power of God (1 Corinthians 1:18 Living Bible)." Foolishness or faith?

"For God in his wisdom saw to it that the world would never find God through human brilliance, and then he stepped in and saved all those who believed his message, which the world calls foolish and silly (1 Corinthians 1:21 Living Bible)." Naysayers flippantly scorn Jesus' salvation claims. To believe is faith; to reject God is foolish.

"That man is a fool who says to himself, 'There is no God! Anyone who talks like that is warped and evil and cannot really be a good person at all (Psalms 14:1 Living Bible)." I wish I had been in earshot of the Roman officer witnessing the death of Jesus by crucifixion. He confessed his faith publicly. "Truly, this was the Son of God (Mark 15:39b Living Bible)!" I believe.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print