Life Upside Down
by Rev. Brian Mathis

I was reading this morning from the book of Isaiah and as I was looking at it these verses jumped out at me and I realized that in our world today many people have taken this position when it comes to their relationship to God.

15 Ah, you who hide deep from the Lord your counsel, whose deeds are in the dark, and who says, "Who sees us? Who knows us?" Isaiah 29:15 (ESV)

Have you ever found yourself doing something that you felt was wrong. However, because at that moment in time you were in the privacy of your home or office with no one around that you could do it and get away with it and no one will be the wiser. It is my personal life I can live it anyway I see fit. Many well-meaning Christians hold to this very idea every day. Isaiah goes on from here though and makes a simple but true statement.

16 You turn things upside down! Shall the potter be regarded as the clay, that the thing made should say of its maker, "He did not make me"; or the thing formed say of him who formed it, "He has no understanding"? Isaiah 29:16 (ESV)

For many of us we believe we have placed ourselves either on an equal footing with God or that we are above God in certain areas of our lives. What we want is after all what we deserve and there should be no reason why we cannot have what we desire. The problem is that what we may desire is often not what God would have for us.
It has been a long time coming for me to see the truth in this whether it be in the church or outside the church our desires to have everything our way does not line up with the Christian calling. If our personal desires were the correct way to go through life; the story we find in the scriptures would probably look a lot different. Even from the beginning, if what we as individuals wanted out weighed God's design for our lives Adam and Eve would still be in the Garden.

We have believed a lie and we all fall for it from time to time. We see that something that we want and even though we know we should turn around and run; we will do it anyhow. Temptation is an interesting thing it is not something God does to trap us; however, it is a measuring of our faith in Him. A friend recently said, "When we give way to temptation we show how little we trust God."

I have to ask you a simple question are you living life upside down? So whose life are you living; the one you have designed for yourself or the one created and established by God to bless you. Life is about choices be sure you're your making the right ones as you walk in the light of God's Word.


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print