FIRSTS
by Jacki McGuyer

I suppose there always has to be a first for everything. We don't remember most of the firsts in our lives--our first steps, our first tooth--our first smile. Our mothers have those locked away in their hearts. I don't even remember my first day at school. I have a hard time remembering a lot of my early childhood. However, I do remember my first dance.

I think I was in the seventh grade at the time. I remember wanting a new skirt to wear to that dance. I bought the fabric, yellow with white polka dots. I sewed it myself--by hand, another first. To get right to the point--when you gather a skirt with a needle and a single thread, it doesn't make for a very reliable garment. Everything about that first dance has left my memory except standing in the middle of the floor with my new skirt around my ankles. Yup, growing up is hard. I sure wouldn't want to do it again.

Then there was the first boyfriend, he was sort of cute. The first husband--that didn't work out too well, the second, not much either. I've had the third for almost thirty years, can't imagine living without him. When the first child arrived--wow, talk about the highlight of a lifetime. The second, third and forth children all seemed like firsts.

Of course strung all through there was a first job, and a first day at college--while working and raising children. Then, of course, the first time I saw a computer. In 1973, I worked for an offshore exploration company. Their Honeywell computer filled a space as large as my living room and kitchen combined, maybe even my entire house, I kid you not. The engineers and physicists analyzing the pictures beaming down from satellites in space spitting out of that giant machine and didn't have time to teach this lowly accountant anything. I had to learn to use that monster myself. I learned. I got them their balance sheets and P&Ls, when I had computer time.

I've come a long way since that first. I've had two other careers since then, and owned and sold three businesses.

That's when the most wonderful first of my life happened. I asked Jesus into my heart. I committed myself to Christ. It occurs to me He's been there all along. He's been a part of every first in my entire life.

Isaiah 46:3-4 (NCV) "I have taken care of you from your birth. Even when you are old, I will be the same. Even when your hair has turned gray, I will take care of you. I made you and will take care of you."

I have my own little PC on my desk in my office. I've written two novels and have three more in process. My first novel, Blood Secrets is out now. Wahoo! Released on January first. Wow, another first. There you have it. FIRSTS.

Nothing is possible without the FIRST FRUIT, the LORD JESUS CHRIST.

Jacqueline McGuyer

With every book she writes, it is Jacqueline's ambition to grow and be faithful to her readers. She aspires to give them an entertaining story to dazzle and provide honest and thoughtful information to keep them coming back for more. Above all, she is a Christian and her faith guides her pen.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print