On Evolution and the Big Bang
by Wayne Childress

On Evolution

We know Jesus warned us, that if we hold fast to His words, we will be persecuted, vilified, and mocked, etc. by this world. If you want to test this out, just proudly proclaim that we are created by God.
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
(Genesis 1:27)
Far too many alleged "highly educated" "Christians" would quail from doing such a thing. Such a simple thing to do, yet, too many are so afraid to bear the scorn of others to bear their own cross. How sad when there are "less educated" Christians being killed every day all over the world for their faith in, and obedience to, the words of Jesus.
Darwin himself said his theory, at best, rested on the discovery of a "transitory" creature/fossil. He understood the difference between what is now called microevolution and macroevolution. No transitory discovery has been made i.e. no half-man half-ape. In fact, many species show no appreciable change at all, ever sharks are an example. What has been found, since Darwin's time, are many "fossil" species that "should" have been extinct the coelacanth (a fish from the order Coelacanthiformes, known only in fossil form until a living Latimeria chalumnae was identified in 1938) is an example.
At the most basic level microevolution is proven and almost common sense. It in no way violates or contradicts the Bible. Microevolution occurs only within a species. Microevolution occurs when a naturally occurring piece of genetic material in an individual of a given species develops abnormally - a mutation. Say a group of a given type of dog lives in a very cold climate. A single dog is born with an abnormality a heavier fur coat. He in turn fares better than many others fare in his pack and so becomes the dominant alpha male and as such breeds more and passes on this new trait. His offspring also fare better and the cycle continues and grows. That is microevolution - not a new species a modification of the existing.
In the thousands of years of interbreeding and "unnatural forced intrabreeding" of canines, we got a range of canines from Chihuahuas to Saint Bernards. In the thousands of years of interbreeding and "unnatural forced intrabreeding" of equines, we got a range of equines from Shetlands to Clydesdales. Kind after kind just as the Bible says (Genesis 1:24/25). We did not get a cat (feline) from a dog (canine) or a pig (swine) from a horse (equine).We also did not get either a dog or a horse that can live in a methane atmosphere or with x-ray vision. The genetic possibilities just are not there.
Those that propound macroevolution would have us believe a glob of elements changed into a living organism that changed one-step at a time into man. First things first - ask them where the elements came from!
If you are going to break us down then break us down all the way. Everything we know of on Earth, organic and non-organic is made up of a combination of the same stuff - the 100+ known natural elements of the periodic table. 99% of the mass of the human body, as for most all higher order living organisms, is made up of just six elements: oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, calcium, and phosphorus. How many living organisms are carbon-based life forms all we know of? How many of the "higher order" living organisms need similar vitamins and minerals to live all we know of. How many of the "higher order" living organisms require water and oxygen to live - all we know of. Where did these elements come from?
The proponents of macroevolution will point out genetic similarity. In fact, at the chemical level the cells of all plants and all animals contain DNA in the same shape the famous "double helix" that looks like a twisted ladder. What's more, all DNA molecules in both plants and animals are all made from the same four chemical building blocks called nucleotides. So again, where did the elements come from?
Even the genome (pattern of DNA) is similar in living things. My research shows: Homologous genes with humans: Cats - 90%, Dogs - 82%, Cows - 80%, Chimps- 79%, Rats 69%, Mice 67%. In fact, 99% of mouse genes turn out to have analogues in man. Man is only 99.5% similar to man!
This is no newsflash since God made everything from the same stuff, and much of it in the same way, and that we are very alike. Why would it be otherwise? Even so, DNA patterns are so unique that science tells us that no two homo sapiens (man) have the same DNA! All life is so alike, yet so unique!
Next, ask them about irreducible complexity. An example: some reptiles are born live; some are born in an egg. For that to come about from macroevolution not one mutation would be needed but many. To go from live birth to egg laying to perpetuate the species an impregnated female would have to develop the ability to create the egg, hold the egg, feed the egg nutrition, and pass the egg into the world. The evolutionist would respond saying the adult had one mutation at a time and (somehow, for some reason) kept each one until she had them all. Still, the "fetus" would have to find a way to absorb nutrition from this new system, find a way to eliminate wastes without poisoning the now enclosed environment inside the shell, and grow an "egg horn" to break the shell after it was hatched. These fetal mutations must be essentially instantaneous; all done by a single fetus or else the reptile dies. Any missing step means the system will not work - irreducible complexity.
We are "alike".
In the sweat of your face shall you eat bread until you return to the ground. For out of it you were taken: for dust you are and to dust you shall return.
(Genesis 3:19)
Nevertheless, man was given something extra.
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and man became a living soul.
(Genesis 2:7)
Nothing in "science" explains the "beginning" where did the elements come from. Not even the Big Bang Theory says where the matter/energy for the "bang" came from. The Big Bang theory is so flawed that they had to add a second bang to try to explain the uniformity of the dispersion of matter, and the uniformity of thermal energy, throughout the Universe - the inflation theory. This in turn created the problem of what made the second bang. This led to a theory of dark matter - which then required dark energy. This caused the problem of "dark flow". This led to a theory of multiple universes. They can't even explain where one universe came from much less multiple universes! None of these theories are testable by scientific method.
The Theory of Evolution (macro) itself is also free of the rigors of true scientific investigation. It is neither testable nor repeatable for verification or revocation. It is faith based. Where do you place your faith? If you place your faith in science and not God please tell me where did the elements come from? If you place your faith in God, you already know the answer to where the elements came from.
As Christians we should spend more time helping others than exercising apologetics. Love can conquer all; and, we are told, in essence, not to waste our time and wisdom:
Give not that which is holy to the dogs, neither cast your your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet and turn again and rend you.
(Matthew 7:6)
At the end of it all, God will someday answer all our questions concerning science. Science will never answer any of our questions concerning God. That is why He gave us the Scriptures and the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

For more articles on Apologetics, as well as articles on other issues of concern for the followers of Jesus, visit The Path to Light.
In Brotherly Love,
Wayne

Copyright 2013 Thepathtolight.com

thepathtolight.com 

[email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print