Dad's Unrestrained Laughter
by PamFord Davis

I can easily recall the feelings of Mom or Dad tickling me when I was a young girl. Two words describe my reaction, uncontrollable laughter. They pushed my tickle button and I was at their mercy. I experienced the strange sensation of wanting them to stop mixed with sheer delight. On what would have been Dad's 101st birthday, I reminisce on sounds of his unrestrained laughter.

Working two jobs, Dad had only snippets of time for television viewing. A few programs deployed his tickle button. Sometimes, Jack Parr or Johnny Carson as hosts of the Tonight Show got him started. The humorous antics of Dan Blocker in the leading role of Hoss were sure to engage and sustain activation of his laughter machine.

"A joyful heart is good medicine (Proverbs 17:22a NAS)."

Some health experts describe laughter as "internal jogging." I want to get in shape.

Joy exceeds my highest expectations.

"These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full (John 15:11 NAS)."

Joy is as a multifaceted diamond. Through joy, I experience the Lord's presence, His promises, provision and power. He lavishes His love upon me. Will I have the faith of a child and laugh as a tickled daughter in my heavenly Father's lap?

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print