Clinging to the Rock
by Rev. Brian Mathis

Do you ever have doubts? I can promise you everyone does from time to time it is nothing to be ashamed of and if anything else it proves that you are a human being just like everyone else. I am sure that given enough time everyone feels this. I can say that because we see it in scripture:

"16 Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had directed them. 17 And when they saw him they worshiped him, but some doubted." Matthew 28:16-17 (ESV)

Now here we have eleven individuals who for the previous three and a half years have been walking with a person so special that the bible records thirty-seven miracles that He performs. Let us not forget the forty-four prophecies that He also fulfills found in the Old Testament. We also know from John this is not all that he did:

"24 This disciple is the one who testifies to these events and has recorded them here. And we know that his account of these things is accurate.25 Jesus also did many other things. If they were all written down, I suppose the whole world could not contain the books that would be written."
John 21:24-25 (NLT)

However, there were those who still had doubts. You see doubt is not about a lack of faith but it comes from the way we view time. We grow impatient for an answer to our questions and then we start wondering if God has heard us or if he is ever going to answer. I have learned he always answers. However, His answer may not be what we want to hear. Yet, these individuals had received a promise like so many others found in scripture; that seemed impossible by man's standard. However, God was faithful to deliver on them. We see Abraham and Sarah having their first child when Sarah is 90 years old. I am assured that they had doubts, because when Sarah hears that she will conceive and give birth to a son she laughs.

"12 So Sarah laughed to herself, saying, "After I am worn out, and my lord is old, shall I have pleasure?"" Genesis 18:12 (ESV)

So as doubters go we find ourselves in a long list of people who God has chosen to use to make a difference in this world. While it may not make a whole lot of sense to you while you are going through life always remember that:

"24 But to those called by God to salvation, both Jews and Gentiles, Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God.25 This foolish plan of God is wiser than the wisest of human plans, and God's weakness is stronger than the greatest of human strength." 1 Corinthians 1:24-25 (NLT)

Today if you are struggling with doubt let me assure you in time all things will be made new and what has made no sense to you here will be revealed to you one day in glory. I am sure that when the apostles who had doubts took their last breath in service to Jesus Christ they no longer had doubts about who he was or why they had endured all that they had. I want to leave you with one verse of scripture:

"Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock." Isaiah 26:4 (ESV)

Today no matter what doubts you may have about your life or the things going on around you I can tell you that when doubt creeps in God is still there and he is an unmovable rock that will weather every storm that the world can through at you. Maybe in your time of doubt you need to just reach out and cling to the Rock of your salvation. Be blessed as you walk in the Light of God's Word.


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print