Woman's Prerogative
by PamFord Davis

It is a woman's prerogative; she is apt to change her mind. Well, I believe gender has nothing to do with it. My husband Norm is one of the worst when it comes to formulating a plan of action and then detouring. He frequently says he wants to do such and such; then, as the time approaches he tells me we won't be going. His change of mind leads to my disappointment. God's change of my mind is transforming.

"Don't change yourselves to be like the people of this world, but let God change you inside with a new way of thinking. Then you will be able to decide and accept what God wants for you. You will be able to know what is good and pleasing to him and what is perfect (Romans 12:2 ERV)." What I don't know will invariably hurt me. The Father allows me to discern his perfect will by giving me the mind of his Son.

"As the Scriptures say, 'Who can know what is on the Lord's mind? Who is able to give him advice?' [Isaiah 40:13] But we have been given Christ's way of thinking (1 Corinthians 2:16 ERV)." A change of mind may very well be a woman's prerogative. On the other hand, it is God's affirmative. It is a positive change in my thoughts and attitude. It is my prerogative to either accept or reject his change of mind I wholeheartedly accept.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print