God's grace eclipses your condemnation
by Maretha Retief

Have you ever done something that you are not proud of? Maybe you have lied yourself out of trouble only to get your loved one into it? Maybe you have committed an unforgivable act in the eyes of the world? Maybe you have walked away from something or someone you were meant to be a part of? Have you ever done something so wrong that in your opinion disqualified you to be worthy of God's love? If so, then I am talking to the right person.

Let me start off by saying that if you are a believer in Jesus as your Saviour, God's riches have been released into your life at Jesus' expense. No wrong you have done is greater than the grace of God. God no longer sees any of the things you have done or the mistakes you have made. He promises in His Word that our lawless deeds and sins He remembers no more (Hebrews 8:12; 10:17). So go ahead and disregard the lie that you are disqualified before God.

Every time you have a feeling of condemnation, you have all the right in the universe to not make it your own. How you may ask, because you know for a fact you have done the wrong you are being accused of? Well, the Grace of God came to earth to bring you salvation from all your wrongs and to empower you to deny any ungodliness in order to live a life of righteousness and glory in Jesus. Condemnation is not from God, so let it go, there is no reward for you to hold onto that, but a life of freedom when you let it go.

As believers we have been saved by grace through our faith in Jesus. None of that come out of ourselves or anything good that we have done, but it is all because of the gift of grace we received from God in Jesus (Ephesians 2:8). Jesus, who is the personification of grace sacrificed Himself for us even before we knew Him. How can we now try and earn our forgiveness or salvation? There is nothing for us to earn in His grace. It is a gift we receive from Him and by walking in His righteousness we are transformed by the Holy Spirit (2 Corinthians 3:18).

The enemy knows that the only way to keep you from God's grace is to condemn you for all the wrongs you have done and therefore keeping you self-occupied. The more we focus on ourselves, the more we try to correct things through our own efforts and forget about the redemption we already have in Jesus.

The next time the enemy plants seeds of condemnation in your head, be so bold to remind him that he has no power over you because by God's grace there is no condemnation for you in Jesus. Every mistake you have made, every unforgivable act you committed, every person you have hurt or disappointed, every wrong in you have been borne by Jesus on the cross so that He can exchange His righteousness to you. That is who you are today, you are as Jesus is in this world (1 John 4:17). You are sitting at God's right hand filled with His glory.

When it comes to the grace of God we have nothing to boast about. We are nothing in and of ourselves, but we are everything in Jesus because of grace. It is a gift wrapped by God's love that overshadows all the wrong and pain of this world. It is a gift personally purchased and delivered at your heart's door. Open it and walk in your unearned gift of righteousness in Jesus.

Author's note: All Scriptures referred to in this article are not direct quotes from the Bible but personally paraphrased.

Maretha Retief

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print