John 3:16 - The Rest of the Story
by Wayne Childress

Sometimes trying to talk to "Christians" can be very frustrating. It is much more edifying to talk to followers of Jesus. Most "Christians" today do not follow Jesus. Most claim they are "Christian" because they say they believe in Jesus and cite the KJV version of John 3:16:
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
(John 3:16)
Most aren't interested in learning that a more accurate rendering is:
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that everyone believing in Him should not perish, but may have everlasting life.
(John 3:16)
Either way most of them never read any further to see what John said shortly after:
The one believing in the Son should have everlasting life; but the one disobeying the Son will not see life; but, the wrath of God remains on him.
(John 3:36)
Or even what John recorded Jesus as saying shortly after:
Amen, amen, I say to you, if a man keeps my sayings, he shall never see death.
(John 8:51)
Most do not want to hear that they have to do anything but "believe". They ignore what James said about that:
You believe that there is one God; you do well. The demons believe too and tremble.
(James 2:19)
They do not want to hear anything James said:
Happy the man who is enduring trials, because, being tested, he shall be getting the wreath of the life, which the Lord did promise to those loving Him.
(James 1:12)
They do not even want to hear what Jesus said. They only listen to Paul - they are not followers of Jesus. They say they are saved by believing in Jesus without believing they must listen to Jesus - this even though YHWH said to listen to His Son. They do not want to listen to YHWH or Jesus.
The only thing they listen to from John is one lone isolated verse. The rest they ignore - and follow Paul instead. They claim the words of YHWH, and Jesus and His Apostles, were only for the Jews - or for a different era. They ignore Jesus' warnings:
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
(Matthew 24:35, Mark 13:31, Luke 21:33)
They will say and do most anything to avoid listening to the person they say saves them. They even ignore YHWH Himself - to follow Paul instead. They claim by ignoring the words of YHWH and Jesus they will still be saved by belief in the words of Paul.
It is the saddest thing I have ever dealt with in this world. It is heartbreaking to see so many people led astray. To see people claim Jesus as their Savior and deny Him love and obedience as their Lord. To see people claim YHWH as their Creator and deny Him love and obedience as their God. To claim YHWH's love while refusing to return that love.
I could point out that Jesus said that those who deny Him would be denied by Him; but, they do not want to listen. They do not see that by denying the truth of His words they are denying Him. They do not listen to Jesus. They do not have ears to hear the Truth.
Jesus said His followers would have the Holy Spirit to guide and teach them. Most "Christians" turn to Paul instead. They do not listen to Jesus. They do not have ears to hear the Truth.
They believe the law is done away with - even the commandment to have no other gods before YHWH. How can anyone believe they could have another god before YHWH and that YHWH would still save them? No follower of Jesus would ever believe that - only a follower of Paul; only those who do not listen to YHWH or Jesus or His Apostles; only those that do not have ears to hear the Truth.
Only a follower of Paul could believe that they could worship Satan and still be saved by Jesus as long as they believe that Jesus was the Son of YHWH - which the demons know; and, that Jesus died for them - which the demons know; and, that He was resurrected - which the demons know. For the doctrines of the followers of Paul say they only have to believe what Satan and his demons already know. They think by doing this Jesus will present them as righteous before YHWH and give them eternal life in Heaven. They do not listen to Jesus. They do not have ears to hear the Truth.
Sadly many will follow Paul all the way to Hell. We will all stand before Jesus on Judgment Day.
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name and in your name cast out demons and in your name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess to them, I never knew you. Depart from me, you that negate the law.
(Matthew 7:22-23)
And he shall say, I say to you, I have not known you, where you are from. Depart from me, all you workers of the unrighteousness.
(Luke 13:27)
They will not listen to these words from Jesus now. They do not listen to Jesus. They do not have ears to hear the Truth. But, these words from Jesus will be heard on Judgment Day - and they will have no choice but to hear. I pray that those who read this will have the courage and humility to see that they must stop following Paul and surrender their life to Jesus. They must listen to YHWH and His Son. Jesus will not be your Savior unless He is also your Lord. YHWH will not give eternal life to those who do not love and obey Him.
The choice is yours - it is not too late - yet. Will you follow Jesus?

In Brotherly Love,
Wayne

Copyright 2013 Thepathtolight.com

thepathtolight.com 

[email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print