Christians Turning to Christ-Centered Meditation for Peace, Stillness and Intimacy with God
by Rhonda Jones

The desire for greater intimacy with God is what led Carmen Goudie to seek out Christian meditation and relaxation. "Being a Christian for 22 years, the intimacy was never there until I started meditating," said Goudie. "Prior to that, I thought or was led to believe that meditation was only for the Eastern culture and Christians were not supposes to meditate." She believed that by meditating "other spirits lurking in the Spiritual realm would somehow attack me, or invade my life," said Goudie.

Then one morning during an early devotion, she found Psalms 46:10 that encouraged Christians to "be still and know that I am God". That scripture led Goudie on a search for meditation in the Bible. "I was nave about how many times the Bible mentioned the word 'meditate'," she expressed. After a thorough research of the word, Goudie learned that meditation was simply the practice of quieting her mind and controlling her thoughts. "I thought it would be easy, but found it to be one of the hardest disciplines I had to accomplished," she expressed.

Two years later, Goudie and her husband meditate every morning and formed a weekly Christian meditation group. "This experience has given us a depth of God's presence that we have never had in 22 years of being Christians," shared Goudie. "We are living in complete faith allowing him to guide us, and have seen his provision in every area of our life."

"More and more Christians are turning to meditation to enhance their relationship with God, restore their peace of mind, and maintain their mental and emotional health," says Rhonda Jones, founder of Serenity Enterprises, and author of series of Christian meditation and relaxations CDs geared to help believers overcome common struggles like worry, stress, fear, or anxiety. Jones was inspired to create the CDs after a long bout of depression in which counseling and medication offered little relief. "It was meditation combined with the scriptures, deep breathing and relaxation that helped me to conquer my negatives thoughts and restore my joy," stated Jones. Her website provides Christians with a wealth of knowledge on Christ-centered meditation. She also writes a monthly newsletter titled, "Christian Meditation and Inner Peace," that contains articles on spiritual growth and promotes her CDs.

"By the time I was in my forties I was completely exhausted with myself and my life," said Lillie Sayles. Her family life had begun to unravel and her carnal walk with Christ was the only thing holding her together. "My constant negative thinking began to move to a darker side," said Sayles. They were coming uncontrollably and she was stressed to the max.

"I noticed people who meditated seemed to be relaxed and confident," said Sayles. "I wanted what they had but not at the expense of my faith in Jesus. I began looking on-line to see if a thing called Christian Meditation even existed. That is how she found the Christian Meditation and Relaxation website. After using the CDs only one time, Sayles stated that she felt so calm and relaxed and has since shared the CDs with her family. "I have seen a remarkable change in our home," she expressed gratefully.

Sue DeVecka suffers from fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, osteoarthritis, IBS, and asthma, all of which get much worse during times of stress. She developed an interest in Christian meditation after working with a Christian psychologist who used hypnotherapy with Christian imagery to help her cope with the pain. Later she developed her own meditations by putting on a CD of the ocean sounds as she visualized herself on the beach with Christ with his arms stretched to her. "I would breathe in his healing love and breathe out all stress and worry," said DeVecka.

A search on internet for "Guided-Christian Meditation" lead her to purchase Jones' Christian meditation CD, "Eliminating Stress and Toxic Emotions. "I love the imagery in it and it lowered my stress levels which helped lower my pain levels. I also love the one on the morning meditation (Morning Devotion) with all the positive reinforcements," declared DeVecka.

Valder Beebe, spiritual host of the Valderbee Show, has been meditating for over 10 years. Beebe says she exclusively uses the Christian Meditation CD's, her favorite being Divine Delay. "I have deeply connected with the message and the voice of Rhonda Jones," expressed Beebe. "I use guided and self inspiration mediation on a daily basis. Mediation relieves the energy build up from life for me," she said.

Rhonda Jones is the creator of over 25 Christian meditation and affirmation Cds and the author of the Christian makeover program, Help Me God Change My Life and A Date with God. Learn more at http://www.thechristianmeditator.com and http://www.holyandhealthyliving.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print