What Would You Do?
by Steve Countryman

It's a question that I didn't think I would be asked let alone who would ask it. Recently in prayer I have started to pray differently. With all that has transpired with me lately and the revelation that I have received, my prayers have changed. I praise God for the answer to my prayers before they come. And I have begun to pray for the Holy Spirit fire to fall on my church, the churches on God's mountain, as I refer to it here, and to fall on me.

That is when it happen. I heard a voice ask me, "What would you do with my Holy Spirit fire?" Needless to say I was taken aback by the question. Before I answered my mind started to race for what would be the best way to use the Holy Spirit fire. The problem was that I couldn't answer the question for I was at a loss as to what to say. I could've said something very spiritual like "go out and heal and deliver people" or "spread the gospel with boldness and courage". But instead I told God "Honestly Lord, I don't know what I would do or where to start." I felt so stupid for not having an answer to give my God for the very thing that I have been praying for.

I said, "Lord, it is all up to you and what you want me to do with it". He said, "That is what I wanted to hear you say." I am a fish out of water when it comes to doing anything big spiritually or being fully led by the Holy Spirit. What comes to mind every time I think about it is why God picked me for this place and time let alone picked me to do anything through. He reminds me that my best days are yet to come and I am blown away! For God doesn't call the qualified for His purpose and will but He does qualify those He calls. When God wants you to do something for Him His way, God ALWAYS makes a way.

As a retail store manager I had opportunities to train my employees who had the talent to enter management. One thing I tried to instill in them was confidence so when my superiors would come around they could feel at ease that someone was in charge who felt comfortable being so. No surprise that on occasion my trainees would sometimes be accused of being arrogant instead of confident. There is a difference between arrogance and confidence. Arrogance brags and lies about knowing everything while confidence displays the ability about what it knows. That is what I am learning in my walk with God is to trust in Him and in His ability to do the impossible and for me to trust in Him confidently!

Assurance is found in your confidence in your God Jehovah. Confidence in knowing that the God of all creation is able and willing to do immeasurably more than we can dare ask, think or imagine. Assurance that Jehovah Jireh will provide all your needs and always knows what is best for you. Your faith and trust in your Lord Jesus to bring you through all your problems and never to leave you. Your faith and trust that leads you into confidence and assurance in God Almighty!

God has a plan and a destiny for you to fulfill. Jesus didn't start His ministry or do any miracles until John the Baptist baptized Him and the Holy Spirit landed on Jesus like a dove. Jesus told His disciples in Luke 24:49 "I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high." Mathew 3:11 "I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire." The disciples didn't start their ministry or do anything powerful until they received the Holy Spirit and the fire of the Holy Spirit in the upper room.

Hebrews 6:1-3 "1 Therefore let us move beyond the elementary teachings about Christ and be taken forward to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God, 2 instruction about cleansing rites, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. 3 And God permitting, we will do so." According to what Paul wrote here, he considered these 'elementary teachings" to be "a given" of God, beyond any shadow of a doubt. I read these verses and am amazed that these are considered the "milk" of God's Word. If this is the 'milk" then we Christians are still new borns who haven't found the "milk" yet and it is high time for us to move on to the milk! I believe that the Holy Spirit fire brings the "milk" or power to us infants. God help us to move on to your milk so that we can move on to your meat! Having All confidence in your God, what would you do with the Holy Spirit fire?


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print