Wrong Way
by PamFord Davis

My husband, children and I once came upon a fatal car crash. The elderly male driver had entered a busy interstate highway oblivious to the posted Wrong Way sign. Law officers were directing traffic around the wrecked vehicle. As we passed, I saw the man slouched over the steering wheel, ashen skin and still body. Time etched it on my memory.

It serves as a vivid reminder of the dead end in going the wrong way spiritually. That driver likely had no idea he'd experience a head on collision and go out into eternity. He was dead wrong. "There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death (Proverbs 16:25 NKJ)." We each seek the way to life.

"Thomas said to him, 'Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?' Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me (John 14:5-6 NKJ)." When we come to the Father, and His Son Jesus, we experience eternal life. (John 17:3) I am keenly aware of eternal dangers in traveling in the wrong direction.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print