Dutch Treat
by PamFord Davis

I am of mixed heritage: English, Irish, French and Dutch. I don't think Dutch treat has anything to do with my Dutch ancestry. As I recollect, I never went out on a Dutch treat date; my guys paid the tab. The 50-50 concept does seem fair; it would ease the anxiety of the young man if he found himself strapped for cash. The Lord does not require me to pay my way to heaven.

"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him (Romans 5:8-9 Pilgrim Study Bible)." I could never do enough to pay the price for my sins. Jesus paid it all.

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast (Ephesians 2:8-9 Pilgrim Study Bible)." My salvation is not a 50-50 arrangement. Jesus is the author and finisher of my faith. (Hebrews 12:2) Without him, I would be lost.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print