Anticipated Arrival
by PamFord Davis

Before twitter, text, instant messenger or email, mankind had carrier pigeons. I have never witnessed a carrier pigeon demonstration. The concept is fascinating. The bird carries a message, retrieves a message if needed and returns home. The owner anticipates its arrival, gently picks it up at the open window and places it in a comfortable cage.

Noah, anticipating dry land following the flood, sent out a dove. "but the dove found no resting place for the sole of her foot, so she returned to him into the ark; for the water was on the surface of all the earth. Then he put out his hand and took her into the ark to himself (Genesis 8:9 NAS)." After seven days, she returned to the ark with an olive leaf.

A week later, she did not return. God entreats us; "Therefore say to them, Thus says the LORD of hosts, 'Return to Me,' declares the LORD of hosts, 'that I may return to you,' says the LORD of hosts (Zechariah 1:3 NAS). He awaits our return. He anticipates our arrival. The day I returned to Him changed my life forever more. I'm home.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print