You Asked For It
by PamFord Davis

"You asked for it" Constituents can mumble, grumble, gripe and complain. Yet, we elected our leaders and like it or not they cast votes on our behalf. "Butbut," I know maybe your choice was defeated in the general election. You did not vote for our president or congressional representative; yet, in our republic form of government they are in Washington representing you and me. History not only repeats itself; it serves as a warning.

Israel demanded a king. Samuel brought the issue to the LORD. God said he would give them a king and gave Samuel his reply. There would be consequences. (1 Samuel 8:10-18) The king would take the young men to serve in his military. He would take their best fields, vineyards and livestock. Yes, he would impose taxes on the people; he would take one-tenth of their harvest and one-tenth of their flocks. Did they really want a king?

"And you yourselves will become slaves of this king. When that time comes, you will cry because of the king you chose. But the LORD won't answer you at that time (1 Samuel 8:17b-18 ERV)." Do not despair; the LORD shoulders the weight of government.

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this (Isaiah 9:6-7 Pilgrim Study Bible)." Glory!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print