Fill in the Blank
by PamFord Davis

Are you an obituary reader? To my dismay it is a daily occurrence. I have lived in several locations; in my golden years, I want to know if someone I have known is among the departed. My husband is a genealogy buff and we have read tombstones too. With the high price of funerals, most families forgo long obituary announcements and headstone inscriptions.

In a hilarious Mary Tyler Moore episode, Lou Grant gave her the position of obituary writer.
The catch was that she had to write the articles in advance. When a famous individual died the TV station would be prepared. Mary was overworked and tired; as a result, her obits were wacky. Wonder how mine would line up with one written for Job....

"After this, Job lived 140 years. He lived to see his children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren and great-great grandchildren. Then Job died. He was old and had lived many years (Job 42:16-17 NCV)." As I read obituaries, I'd be wise to leave a blank where the name of the deceased appears. I can pause, use my name to fill in the blank and ponder my eulogy and legacy.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print