2 Timothy 3:12
by Don Costello

2 Timothy 3:12

Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

a. persecution [1377 * dioko][Strong: a prolonged (and causative) form of a primary verb dio (to flee; compare the base of [deiloV] - deilos 1169 and 1249); to pursue (literally or figuratively); by implication, to persecute:--ensue, follow (after), given to, (suffer) persecute(-ion), press forward.

b. It is inevitable that those who live godly lives as a believer in Christ will suffer persecution. In the Parable of the Sower Jesus said persecution would inevitably come because of obedience to the word of God.

1). Matthew 13:21Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.


My name is Don Costello. Ever since I received Christ in November of 1976 I have had a passion to study and know God's word.My wife Melissa and I have 5 children.

My e-mail address is [email protected]

I have a blog located at:
www.theophilus-loverofgodsword.blogspot.com/

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print