Search and Destroy
by PamFord Davis

Too often, I ignore the seriousness of sin in my life, in lives of those in my midst and in our society. I justify it as simply a trait of human nature, a mistake or a result of environment. Sin is serious and has ripple effects. Everything I do or refrain from doing influences others; the Lord holds me accountable. I reap what I sow as a natural consequence of my sin and sense the seriousness of seeds I plant in lives of others. Look at the life of Eve. She sinned and immediately used her influence to lead Adam astray. Sins' repercussions are serious.

Achan downplayed the seriousness of God's command. The Lord used one man's cover-up of spoils to teach the nation of Israel a valuable life lesson. Our sin affects our families, society and nation. (Joshua 7:1-26) "Get up! Purify the people and get them ready to come before me. Tell them to be ready tomorrow, because I, the LORD God of Israel, have this to say: 'Israel, you have in your possession some things that I ordered you to destroy! You cannot stand against your enemies until you get rid of these things (Joshua 7:13 TEV)!" Sin is serious; search and destroy!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print