Difficult to Eradicate
by PamFord Davis

Kudzu drives homeowner crazy! It might not make a byline for a newspaper reporter but it does happen. As a Florida Yankee transplant, I once made the mistake of describing the sprawling plants as pretty. The Northwest Florida native quickly set me straight. In reality, they are a nuisance and nearly impossible to eradicate. To their dismay, homeowners and lawn-care companies' watch as kudzu take over property.

To my dismay, being busy drives me crazy! My frustration makes no headlines. Daily routines and responsibilities have their place; penciled in appointments and scheduled special events are noteworthy. Problems arise when my to-do list mushrooms and busyness takes over my life. Instead of seeing plans as meaningful, I perceive many as intrusions and distractions from times of solitude.

In solitude, I seek my Savior. "Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find me, when you search for Me with all your heart. And I will be found by you, declares the LORD (Jeremiah 29:12-14a NAS)." When I become too busy, my times of seeking Him through Bible study, prayer and meditation diminishes. Busyness is difficult to eradicate; the Holy Spirit makes self-control in my schedules possible.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print