I Wonder
by PamFord Davis

I have written past articles pertaining to my Dad's attraction to and appreciation of flashlights. This morning, the Lord prompted me to pen another. I cannot over stress his pleasure in receiving and having flashlights in his possession. I'm clueless as to how and when this attraction came to be; born in the year; 1912-light at the push of a button was a marvel.

By the time he reached ten years of age (1922*) there were many types of battery powered flashlights available. *Wikipedia. I wonder. Did Dad alternate a flashlight and lantern out to the barn for milking of the family cow? Was it at hand on hikes of adventure up the hill behind the homestead? Did he use a flashlight to brighten his path to the fresh water spring? I wonder.

I will never cease to wonder at God's word lighting my way through a world of darkness. "Your word is like a lamp that guides my steps, a light that shows the path I should take. Your laws are good and fair. I have promised to obey them, and I will keep my promise (Psalm 119:105-106 ERV)." Jesus, the light of the world is my faithful guide. He is "ever-ready!"

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print