Our nations needs the church right now to be the church
by Ikem Grigbsy

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heavens (Ecc 3:1). Right now is the season for the church to be the brightest light it has ever been. It is not the time to join the political debate and get on social media and express out human opinions. Prayer, prayer, prayer is the action that is needed. Following the example of Jesus is the greatest responsibility of the church, especially right now. As our televisions constantly paint a picture of confusion and division, it is the greatest time for the Good News of the savior to be declared with power and demonstration.

Jesus told us that men should always pray and not turn coward. James tells us that our prayers have much power with God. Psalms and Peter tell us that God's ears are open to the righteous and if you need to see more reasons to be inspired to pray here is one more. John tells us that we can have confidence and that He will hear us and answers us if we ask according to His Will. John says something that we really need to understand. We must pray according to His will. His will is simply the rightly divided Word of God. It's not time for us to pray our opinions to God. It's time for us grab the Word of God and pray the Word, speak the Word and live the Word. Sometimes Jesus would spend all night in prayer. That is something that may be considered radical in our day. Hello, I think it's time for us to be radical about what we believe, for the sake of the nation and the generations to come! Righteousness exalts a nation. We must stand up and set our face towards heaven so we can see the kingdom of heaven manifested now. It's not time to be intimidated by the news media and live in fear. The weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty through God. Hallelujah!! I'm crying out to pastors and leaders to stop joining the debate and start praying and declaring the answer. This nation needs the Body of Christ to be like Jesus more than ever right now. Our prayers and faith can change the direction of our nation if we choose to spend more time on our faces then debating in public places!
A Kingdom divided against itself cannot stand (Matt 12:25). This was an important principle that Jesus declared in His Word. That principle still holds true today. While our nation seems to be divided, it's the perfect time for the Church of Jesus Christ to come together. I'm from a newer generation of Christians so to speak. I would hear of how the old church would have prayer meetings, shut-ins, times of fasting and prayer. If there was ever a time for that, that time is right now. I'm not talking about a prayer walk or a public protest. I'm talking about seeking God in unity for our nation! Turning off Grey's Anatomy and spending time as a family or a church and taking the Word of God and praying it over our nation, over our schools and communities. I'm talking about doing something so radical like staying in church all week if we have too, to see God change our nation. "It seems God is limited by our prayer life that He can do nothing for humanity unless someone asks Him." This is a quote that I have heard over the years and this is the time where we should be doing a ton of asking! (Matt 7:7)

Ikem and Robin are the founders of an international evangelistic ministry
that has touched the nations of Kenya, Ghana, Nigeria, Belize and Costa Rica.
During their time traveling the world they have seen the miracle working power
of God on a consistent basis. The gifts of the Holy Spirit operate an

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print