He Sat Down
by Abby Kelly

Has anyone ever told you that God loves you so much that if He had to, Jesus would die for you all over again?

I have some good news: He won't.

In the Old Testament, Hebrew priests stood constantly. Their tireless work of sacrificing animals to cover the sins of the people, literally kept them on their feet all day long. Morning and night, not to mention special festivals and offerings, they sacrificed lambs on the altar.

Hebrews 10:12-14 says, "But when Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God...For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified."

When Jesus died for our sins and rose again, He "sat down". This means that there are no more sacrifices to be made - ever. No one needs to kill a lamb or pay the penalty for their own sin. Jesus, who is also called our High Priest, offered the final sacrifice and the work of salvation is completely finished.

"He sat down", might seem like an unimportant phrase. But it has great significance for you and me. Because Christ is seated, we can be sure that if believe in Him, God will never, ever hold our sins against us.

That's good news!


Learn more about me on my website: http://predatory-lies.com/about-me/

Please find my book on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Surviving-Predatory-Lies-Anorexia-Kelly-ebook/dp/B00HFGMBJA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389645006&sr=8-1&keywords=predatory+lies

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print