How To Make The World A Better Place Today
by Ngozi Nwoke



The world is in dear need of a change, how can you make it a better place? People have proposed many solutions and they are yet to make an impact. The truth remains that the root cause of the problems has not been addressed. This article aims at addressing this.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; A good understanding have all those who do His commandments. His praise endures forever - Psalm 111:10 (NKJV)

And the fear of God was on all the kingdoms of those countries when they heard that the Lord had fought against the enemies of Israel. Then the realm of Jehoshaphat was quiet, for his God gave him rest all around - 2 Chronicles 20:29-30 (NKJV)

Above all things have intense and unfailing love for one another, for love covers a multitude of sins [forgives and disregards the offenses of others] -1 Peter 4:8 (AMP)

The world has progressively deteriorated into a pot on fire. You can literally hear the wailing cries of the inhabitants coming from it, mixed with fear, hatred, insecurity and excruciating desire for freedom and peace. How on earth did we get to this point?

Some people think the world will be a better place if everyone has enough money to spend. No, money is not the root cause of the challenge of the world. The challenge stems from the inhabitants of the world themselves.

The creatures have turned their backs on their creator. Woe to him who strives with his maker! Shall the clay say to him who forms it, 'what are you making?' - Isaiah 45:9. This is exactly what the people of the world have done. They feel God's ways are foolish and that they can do better. Unfortunately, the world we have now is the result of their wisdom.

The fear of the Lord

This is the foundation for making the world a better place. If the foundation is destroyed, what can anyone do? - Psalm 11:3. It is the fear of the Lord that will make citizens to be law-abiding. It keeps your conscience alive and healthy. Good conscience keeps you from doing evil.

The fear of the Lord will not allow you to raise your hands against a fellow-man created by God just like you. It will not allow love of money to dictate to you the steps to take in life. It will not allow you to walk wickedly because you will be too sure that the "Boss up there" is perpetually seeing you.

When men depart from the ways of God, they run into the ways of the enemy. When God ceases to be your Lord, the enemy takes over. There is no vacuum anywhere, not even in the spiritual realm. Don't you know that to whom you yield yourself servant to obey, you are that one's servant whom you obey, whether the devil leading to death, or God leading to righteousness? - Romans 6:16

It takes wisdom and good understanding to make the world a better place and the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Through skillful and godly wisdom is a house (a life, a home, a family, the world) built, and by understanding it is established [on a sound and good foundation] - Proverbs 24:3. A man of wisdom will act wisely to secure an environment conducive to Him and his family.

When the fear of God is upon the inhabitants of this world, they will cease from their wicked acts and they will enjoy rest just like King Jehoshaphat's realm enjoyed rest. The fear of the Lord came upon their neighbours and they didn't fight the Israelites again- 2 Chronicles 20:29-30.

Unfailing love for one another

An additional way to make the world a better place is for the inhabitants of the world to have unfailing love for one another. Love never fails (1 Corinthians 13:8) and it covers a multitude of sins (1 Peter 4:8). It forgives and disregards the offenses of others.

Love endures long and is patient and kind; love never is envious or jealous. It's not rude or proud. Love does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it's not self-seeking; it takes no account of the evil done to it. It does not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness, but rejoices when right and truth prevail. Love is ever ready to believe the best of every person and it endures everything without getting weak - 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Walking in love towards one another will make a difference in this world. People will consider others before saying or doing anything. Love is the medicine we need. It will take care of the sickening attitude and steps that men manifest towards one another.

Joint responsibility

It takes everyone making a decision to fear the Lord and walk in love for the world to become a better place. No one is an Island. Everyone needs to contribute his own quarter before we can have a transformed world. Little drops of water make up an ocean. One man can't stop a burning forest but joint effort from many people will make a tremendous impact. There is safety in the multitude of counselors, the scriptures say - Proverbs 11:14.

When the Israelites departed from the ways of the Lord, they were troubled from every side. They knew no peace or rest. Certainly, there were a few people who still feared God in the land but were not enough to avert the troubles upon them. But when they jointly swore with all their heart and sought God with all their soul, He was found by them and the Lord gave them rest all round - 2 Chronicles 15:1-15.

Charity begins at home

For you to have a transformed world, you will need to transform yourself first, then your family, the church, then the society before you can make this world a better place to be - Acts 1:8. Every society is made up of human beings who are part of one family or the other. If we all in our different homes choose to fear God and walk in love towards one another, we will soon have a society that fears God and loves one another.

You can choose to change yourself than to sit and look for who ought to change for the world to change. Many people blame the leaders in government for the present state of the world. But if everyone will decide to mend their ways even the leaders will mend their own ways.

Conclusion

Can we have a world without chaos? Yes we can, if we will embrace the instructions in the manual from the manufacturer. God who created the world has laid down the rules and regulations governing it in His word. When the inhabitants of the world decide to obey them they will have rest all round.




Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print