How Many Loaves?
by PamFord Davis

Are you repeatedly running to the store for bread? As a homemaker, I write it at the top of most of my shopping lists. I can only imagine how much Mom needed. She prepared lunch bags for five school age children in addition to stocking Dad's lunch box. Fortunately, we had bread and milk delivery in our neighborhood and my Uncle Alex and Dorothy owned a grocery store. I think a close examination of my breadbox is in order. How many loaves do I have?

"And Jesus asked them, 'How many loaves of bread do you have?' They replied, Seven, and a few small fish (Matthew 15: 34 Amplified Bible)." Jesus delegated food distribution responsibility. "He took the seven loaves and the fish, and when He had given thanks, He broke them and gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the people (Matthew 15:36 Amplified Bible)." People in our midst are perishing; yet, bread is available.

"For the Bread of God is He Who comes down out of heaven and gives life to the world. Then they said to Him, 'Lord, give us this bread always (all the time)! Jesus replied, I am the Bread of Life. He who comes to me will never be hungry, and he who believes in and cleaves to and trusts in and relies on Me will never thirst any more (at any time) (John 6: 33-35 Amplified Bible)." He satisfies and He is sufficient.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print