More than enough in Christ Jesus
by Maretha Retief

Many Christians believe that salvation is the only reason to accept Jesus as our Saviour. For the rest of our lives it is up to us to make things happen and to meet our needs. The truth is salvation is only the beginning. It opens the door to an abundant supply of God's blessings and promises.

Every promise is "Yes" and "Amen" for us in Christ Jesus (2 Corinthians 1:20). Accepting Jesus guarantees us an eternal life of righteousness and forgiveness of sin in Him (2 Corinthians 5:21). But there is more. Jesus took all our sicknesses on Him so that we can live in divine health (Isaiah 53:3-5). He supplies all our needs according to His endless riches and glory (Philippians 4:19). We have a Shepherd who never leaves us and in whom we take refuge (Psalm 23). We are free from condemnation, because God no longer reckons our sins to us as Jesus already suffered on our behalf (Romans 8:1). We are loved with an everlasting love (Jeremiah 31:3). We have a heavenly calling that was handpicked for every one of us by God (Hebrews 3:1). He equips us for every purpose He has for our lives.

Whatever our needs may be, they are met in Christ Jesus. He does not want us to settle for anything less that every blessing He has for us (Ephesians 1:3). If there is any area in our lives where we are lacking, Jesus has the extra supply we need to be satisfied. There is no one else who knows and understand our needs better than Him.

The world puts all the pressure on us to make things happen in our lives. We are taught to walk the extra mile for anything we want to achieve in life. In Christ Jesus, it is not about how good we are and what we can do, but it is all about how good Jesus is and what He has already done for us on the cross. He has done so much more than walking the extra mile for us. He has secured us a life of abundance in Him of which there is no comparison.

In Jesus we never have enough, we have more than enough.

Author's note: All Scriptures referred to in this article are not direct quotes from the Bible but personally paraphrased.

Maretha Retief

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print