We Seek, He Seeks
by PamFord Davis

Is your future looking bleak? Seek God. When our plans do not materialize, we can meet with the Counselor. When our circumstances turn to crisis management, we find consolation in Christ. Yes, the sun does hide behind the clouds; our future might look bleak but we have access to One who holds eternity. Daniel did not waver in his faith.

"So I gave my attention to the Lord God to seek Him by prayer and supplications, with fasting, sackcloth and ashes (Daniel 9:3 NAS)." He gave the Lord his full attention, seeking Him humbly and wholeheartedly. Through abstaining from food and outward signs of repentance, Daniel demonstrated the importance of seeking the Father.

We seek. "And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. And I will be found by you, declares the LORD (Jeremiah 29:13-14a NAS)." I might seek Him mentally; yet, heart seeking is what He honors. Seeking should come naturally. Why do I so often fail to be still long enough to seek the presence of the Lord? He seeks; He saves.

"And Jesus said to him, 'Today salvation has come to this house, because he, too, is a son of Abraham. For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost (Luke 19:9-10 NAS)." If I want to be faithful in my commitment to Christ, I must seek Him daily through prayer and seek out the lost with urgency and love.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print