Dumb Blonde Jokes
by PamFord Davis

Dumb blonde jokes are at the least, lame. I groan and bemoan the reputation of wise blonde women. Should they dye their hair or don a wig? No, they should speak out and show the world that blonde-haired women can be bold, brainy and beautiful too. Blonde, brunette, red heads; what does hair color have to do with brains? I'd guess Esther was a dark haired Jewish queen; her beauty, wisdom and courage are beyond question.

"Then Queen Esther answered, 'If I have found favor in your sight, O king, and if I please the king, let my life be given me at my petition, and my people at my request. For we are sold, I and my people, to be destroyed, to be slain, and to be annihilated. If we had been sold merely as slaves, men and women, I would have held my peace; for our affliction is not to be compared with the loss to the king (Esther 7:3-4 RSV)." Esther pleaded with her husband, the king.

She pleaded as she interceded for her Hebrew people. We can approach God boldly and confidently. He is a compassionate Father who knows our needs. "Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need (Hebrews 4:16 RSV)." He is not concerned with hair color; he looks at our heart, searching for faith.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print