Thankful Heart-Cure For Complaining And Murmuring
by Ngozi Nwoke

How can I ever stop complaining and murmuring? Everyday has a load of opportunities to complain or murmur. Your response when they are presented to you determines the rest of the day and most times your life. It is your choice to respond positively, and for you to constantly make the right choice you need a thankful heart. This article depicts a thankful heart as a cure for complaining.

"nor complain, as some of them also complained, and were destroyed by the destroyer" - 1 Corinthians 10:10 (NKJV)

A merry heart does good, like medicine, but a broken spirit dries the bones - Proverbs 17:22 (NKJV)

Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world - Philippians 2:14-15 (NKJV)

How many times have you complained or murmured today? How far has it helped you or affected your attitude? You will agree with me that it is not good for anyone. Murmuring and complaining only open the door for the destroyer to come in. It comes to destroy your peace, home, relationships and health.

A life of complaint breeds from a heart void of gratitude and contentment. It leads to fault-finding and dissatisfaction, wipes off smile from your face and replaces it with a frown and pointed lips, and dries up your bones. It makes you not to remember or see the good things about your spouse, family, colleague, work place or environment.

However, a thankful heart sees every reason to thank God in everybody and every situation. It is a cure for complaining. A heart of gratitude appreciates every little thing good around her and magnifies that above any negative thing; thereby attracting good to herself.

A grateful heart sees the opportunity to complain and murmur and chooses to rejoice and see the good side of it. She does everything without complaining or murmuring, thereby becoming blameless and harmless children of God. This attitude allows God to change the situation in your favour.

A thankful heart breeds an environment void of tension and discord. It affects your manner of approach, the words that you speak and the response you get in return. It makes room for exciting and healthy conversations. It brings about stronger bonding in relationships.

For you to live a life of gratitude, you must learn to practice giving thanks to God in everything, it is the will of God for you (1 Thessalonians 5:18). As you live a life of praise and thanksgiving, murmuring and complaining will be far from your territory.

I therefore encourage you to set out quality time to spend in God's presence, praising and thanking Him for His goodness and His righteous judgment. As you do so, you envelop yourself with His glory and you will be filled with the Holy Spirit. And in the process choke every trace of murmuring and complaining in you. A thankful heart really is a cure for complaining.

Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print