Consistent and Thankful
by PamFord Davis

I receive the Lord's blessings on a daily basis. In times of plenty and ease, it is not difficult to offer up praise and thanksgiving to God. Do I selfishly limit my boundaries to seasons of bounty? I need to develop a plan of consistency, to include gratitude in all circumstances.

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you (I Thessalonians 5:16-18 NKJ)." Unlimited thanksgiving will move me out of my self-centeredness and afford the opportunity of expanded witness. People will notice.

Those who know me best, detect that thankfulness in "everything," is certainly not my natural response. Paul did not instruct believers to thank God for everything, but "in" everything. That's the key to keeping his instructions. I can begin by thanking God for his consistent mercy.

The evil and hardship I encounter do not spur me to praise and thanksgiving. Instead, they cause me to worry. It is difficult, if not impossible, to worry and worship God at the same time. In everything I experience, I can give thanks to God for his faithfulness and love.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print