In The Spirit
by Steve Countryman

Solomon was the wisest man who ever lived. Because he asked God for wisdom to lead the nation of Israel God granted his request. World leaders, kings and nobles traveled from around the world to meet this very wise man. There is still one thing that we Christians have today that none of the people of the Old Testament had including Solomon with all his wisdom. In the Old Testament it always spoke of "the Spirit came upon them" when they did or said powerful things. With our salvation and Jesus' finished work of the cross we now have "the Spirit in us" and always with us. That is why we walk in the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 5:7 "For we walk, (live), by faith, not by sight." Our problem is that most of us live by emotion and by sight. We only believe what we see before us and follow our emotions when it comes to decisions and our actions. But that is not how we are to live. We are to live by faith, to live in the Spirit being led by the Spirit in all things. 2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." "All things have become new" is the Spirit in you! You are no longer the old you but the new creation in Christ Jesus who dwells in you through the Holy Spirit. You no longer function like the old you who was led by your feelings. You no longer let your emotions rule over you. You no longer are defined by your past but are defined by God. God gives you a hope and a future. Your life is not your own but is all about the new you and the influence that Christ has in you, to you, with you, for you and through you. Your life now has a Godly purpose. For you can do nothing apart from Christ but you can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens you!

You are now Holy Spirit filled. You now walk or live by faith in the Spirit and not by sight. Living in the Spirit means that you trust God in ALL things. Even if you don't understand them, even if you don't know why your are to do them, even when your flesh doesn't feel like it, even when it doesn't make sense to you, even when you feel uncomfortable doing it, this is your daily life in the Spirit because you FULLY trust God. Your faith and trust in God is where your strength is found. The Holy Spirit has empowered you to fulfill the destiny that God has set aside for you. You are blessed beyond measure because you walk by faith daily in the Spirit God makes grace abound in you because of the Spirit in you. You have a closer relationship with God because of your walk of faith in the Spirit. You have an unquenchable thirst for the righteousness of God that causes you to seek His face daily in His word and in prayer. The new creation that is you shines God's love to all those around you everywhere you go. God has made ALL spiritual blessings and spiritual gifts available to you because of your walk "in the Spirit".

In the Spirit is where instruction and learning is found. In the Spirit is where spiritual awareness and awakenings occur. In the Spirit is where joy and peace is found. In the Spirit is where blessed assurance, confidence and expectation grows and increases. Praise and worship are now on a different higher level because of you living in the Spirit. Now when you pray you pray in the Spirit which makes your prayers more powerful and effectual. In the Spirit you now study His Word more. In the Spirit you move and believe with faith in the supernatural. In the Spirit you see with supernatural eyes the answer to your prayers before they are answered and manifested in the natural. In the Spirit you declare God's Word out loud and over all circumstances. In the Spirit you prophesy the answers to your prayers. In the Spirit all power and authority of heaven is given you! In the Spirit the Word of the Lord is confirmed in and to you. You live in the Spirit, love in the Spirit, move and act according to the Spirit with all spiritual gifts, overflow with the Spirit, are led by the Spirit and you are dependant totally on the Spirit. The new you is found in the Spirit!


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print