Is Your Battery Corroded?
by Karen White

"Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless." 2 Peter 3:14 (KJV)

You are in a hurry to get somewhere; you jump into the car, turn the key, and hear a click, then nothing. The car will not start; the battery posts have become corroded.

Our lives as Christians can sometimes become corroded. We have so much going on with jobs, family members, and church and community activities that the connection to our power source, which is God, is all junked up and loses its effectiveness.
When it is our car battery, we can use baking soda to clean the post and reestablish the connection to the power source. But what can we do as Christians when the connection to our power source is corroded?

We can pray, staying in close communication to Him. Delve into the Word and study what He has for us, and seek His guidance in our day to day lives. We may even need to rid our "post" or lives of some junk activities to allow His power to flow through us completely.

If our car is to do its job, the battery must remain connected and corrosion free. The same is true of our lives as Christians; we must remain connected to Him so that we may be found of Him in peace, without spot, and blameless-corrosion free.

Karen is a Christian wife, mother, and grandmother.  She is a retired teacher who now spends her time reading and writing.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print